A very interesting observation of the COD community

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

A very interesting observation of the COD community

This thought passed through my head.  It's only a thought.  Not a fact.  But I feel this seems to be turning into a trend and I'm having major deja vu all of the sudeen. 

For the past 3 games in the COD series it seems that the same thing happens. 

-Game comes out and plays great

-Game starts to play really bad for some reason

-People blame the game's netcode

-People play previous game and feel it plays much more smooth than current game

-People make threats to sue Devs or sell their games on respective forums

-Dev's make tweaks and some people benefit while others still suffer

-New game get's presented through various trailers and hyped up to sh*t

-People talk about how awesome the new one will be/some talk about how they won't buy the next one if it's the same

-Current game gets tweaked so that it finally becomes "acceptable" to most players. But the new game is released within the next week or so.

-New game comes out and the whole cycle repeats itself with a totally new set of people but the same trend.

Any of the COD veterens see this trend other than me?  Same complaining but just a different set of people?

I'm not trying to start a flame war here but I've been on the COD forums since W@W and it just seems to be exactly the same every time a new game comes out but with totally new users each time. 

Level 25
35 REPLIES

Re: A very interesting observation of the COD community

in reply to asianman12

I have seen the trend, except I have enjoyed all of the Call of Duty games so maybe my personal view is a bit skewed.

I do notice how the forums always react in this way. You missed a bit of a step though. Generally, the game gets changed to a point where it is "acceptable" by most players.

Level 5

in reply to A_Vampire_Angel

Oh yea I'll put that in there. I knew I forgot something.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

I agree. It is always the same ol, same ol. Gets pretty old too if you ask me. The only thing lacking in these forums are the OP/UP weapon threads. There have been a few here and there, but NOTHING like in the BO1 and MW3 forums.

Level 4

in reply to TjAkJr

Wow, yeah, how could I forget about that?!

Level 5

in reply to TjAkJr

It could mean that maybe they finally got a better balance with the weapons in this game than previous.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

Agreed on that one. I have found that just about ANY weapon is equal to another.

Level 4

in reply to TjAkJr

far.. very far from!! if these guns are balanced then im elvis

Level 15

in reply to Rize_BHo

The guns are very well balanced.  Not 100% but a lot better than previous COD games I can agree with that.  I still see the very commonly overused guns in this game (MTAR, PDW, MP7, and Type 25) but other than that I still see a lot of other weapons being used.  In past COD games you would see whole teams running the same setups (either MP7 or ACR with some kind of rush class or something Ghost).  Now with the pick 10 system there is a whole lot more variety in everyone's setups.  Sure you will see some people stealing other setups from their fellow youtube commentaters but they don't do any better.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

Haha, yeah this happens every year.

I, myself, haven't been a part of this trend, however, this year, I'm going to be extremely critical of the November 2013 COD. I actually really like Black Ops 2, despite it's issues, so when Treyarch does fix the issues... It's going to be AWESOME!!

I LOVE how you you have to keep moving for Ghost to work. Love the small maps with the Black Ops 2 Time To Kill. Love the Custom Emblems and the Pick-10 system and Dolphin Diving.

I guess we'll see, but I highly doubt the next COD will have any of these features I love.

I hope at the very least, Hardpoint comes back.

I guess I'll stop complaining now about a game that doesn't come out for another 10 months. Lol!

Will the next COD be on the next-gen consoles? I heard, the next Xbox will be out for Christmas 2013. Something to think about.

Level 21

Studios