Are players who complain about: camping, quick scoping, shotguns, target finders, secondary weapons, etc....are they bad losers who prefer players to adopt their own playing style so they can kill them easier?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Are players who complain about: camping, quick scoping, shotguns, target finders, secondary weapons, etc....are they bad losers who prefer players to adopt their own playing style so they can kill them easier?

I've seen a lot of people on youtube and on forums complain about these things and I think they can't accept losing . Camping is part of the game. Shotguns are the deadliest gun at close range. If a quick scoper misses first time round, they're dead. If a player has bad eye sight, fair enough, use a target finder. Secondary guns like the Kap 40 or the BTR might by sick at close range but a long range they suck.

I think Blops 2 gets a lot more hate than it deserves.

Level 1
30 REPLIES

Re: Are players who complain about: camping, quick scoping, shotguns, target finders, secondary weapons, etc....are they bad losers who prefer players to adopt their own playing style so they can kill them easier?

in reply to Desertnam

They actually don't want them to adopt their playstyle.  What they want is for them to adopt the playstyle that is weak against their preferred playstyle.  Nobody likes to die but for some it's a cardinal sin to do so.  However, they are too stubborn to adjust their playstyle to handle these things which take advantage of the weaknesses within their playstyle.  For the overwhelming majority that's really all that it is.  None of these things ruin the game.  What they ruin is someone's particular strategy to the game.  If everyone would spend less time trying to be a one trick pony and actually learn the ins and outs of the different playstyles then they wouldn't be so concerned about it when someone does whatever that they do.  In fact, they'd have classes set up to counter all of them.

Level 69

Re: Are players who complain about: camping, quick scoping, shotguns, target finders, secondary weapons, etc....are they bad losers who prefer players to adopt their own playing style so they can kill them easier?

in reply to phxs72

Can I get an over 9000 Like for this one post here?! Seriously is pretty much says it all.

Level 70

in reply to Desertnam

Complaining about complaining is counter-productive.

People come here to discuss these things, some do it in a rational manner, others not so much. Many times they have valid points and concerns about the game they are passionate about.

In some ways, yes, these folks want people to play their playstyle... but I think more often than not people have what they feel is a legitimate concern about features of the game. Remember, you might think its "Hate", but these people all play the game... most of them quite a bit. They are passionate about it and want it to keep getting better.

The problem is... many can't see the forest for the trees. They see things only from their perspective and fail to see the bigger picture. That is what the rest of us are here for... to discuss the Pros and Cons and point out flaws in people's logic, as well as to recognize good ideas when they are brought to light.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Complaining about complaining is counter-productive.

People come here to discuss these things, some do it in a rational manner, others not so much. Many times they have valid points and concerns about the game they are passionate about.

In some ways, yes, these folks want people to play their playstyle... but I think more often than not people have what they feel is a legitimate concern about features of the game. Remember, you might think its "Hate", but these people all play the game... most of them quite a bit. They are passionate about it and want it to keep getting better.

The problem is... many can't see the forest for the trees. They see things only from their perspective and fail to see the bigger picture. That is what the rest of us are here for... to discuss the Pros and Cons and point out flaws in people's logic, as well as to recognize good ideas when they are brought to light.

I thought we were here to agree with each other and be high post trolls XD

I do agree with you in part, but I feel that more often then not someone is complaining because they dont put enough effort into dealing with it. Its not just CoD, In Dota 2, Broodmother just got a mobility upgrade, not much has truly changed but all the sudden she has gone from being called trash to being called Overpowered. Its the same thing with any patch to this game you get people praising and hating the developers for what they have done. Most of it is people overreacting.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

Actually I was trying to be nice in my post but that is basically what I am saying as well. So, we still agree lol. This is what I meant by the bigger picture.

Dota 2? Broodmother? What the what?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela
Level 70

in reply to Desertnam

honestly, what is getting really annoying are the players who complain after you kill them, "OH YOU %$^$#%&ING CAMPER" then after the game they antagonize you and others for camping. when what REALLY happened 9 times out of 10 is you see the guy coming either via radar, footsteps, or you saw them coming and you took a valid spot for Line Of Sight and bam got them. then they proceed to complain.

watch the video in theater to see real campers

Level 15

in reply to Desertnam

But you can see the threads that grow and grow because the OP  in those threads choose to ignore or attempt to debunk simple procedures given to them. It then turns into a total debunking session based on that one particular statement. Which then runs off on a totally different tangent again.

You tell them to adapt and you get called a fanboy or a troll. This game is based on many many many different ways to play and when someone sees a way to play that kills them they complain that its something that they cant control so they blame some portion of the netcoding, etc.

Its my opinion but I honestly think its true. 75 percent of the complaint threads or higher is refusal to adapt to changing conditions and that ruins the game because "people cant play the way they want to".

Ghosts is gonna be worse in the forums. People who get killed repeatedly in squad mode are going to complain that someone made a modded squad for example.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

They modded their offline squad and is why it wins every time I challenge it.. fix it IW nowz!!!!!

Level 70

Studios