Arms Race? Are you freakin' kidding me!?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Arms Race? Are you freakin' kidding me!?

Really!?  Adding a simple 50+ extra score per kill is considered your "new gamemode?"  Are you absolutely serious right now?  What about the 100 max score for 6v6 TDM?  Why not simply have normal kills worth 100-125 points WITH added points for other merits like killchains, killstreaks, and headshots?

I know a bunch of you will be asking yourselves, "Why complain about getting more points?"  I'm not complaining about that.  I was expecting a brand new game mode.  Something that was unique enough with new and unique rules, like Infected, Face-Off, and All or Nothing for example.  But to my disappointment, laziness and complacency got the better of the dev team.

It takes a lot for something to upset me to the point of expanding my ranting prowess, and this is one of those moments.  I'm glad it's a temporary gamemode, because it is complete garbage.  If Treyarch wishes to compensate, they should replace normal TDM with this Arms Race, AND offer the 100 max score to win.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52
85 REPLIES

Re: Arms Race? Are you freakin' kidding me!?

in reply to RuggedSavior

Interesting, as I was understanding most people either wanted more points per kill OR a higher kill limit. This could just be a testing ground for whether to change regular TDM to 150 pt per kill. Granted I didn't expect this, however, I wouldn't have played any other game like those you listed. This gives me something I'd actually like to play as opposed to more games I don't care for.

Level 14

in reply to RuggedSavior

The dlc will spell R.U.S.H. since that's the main focus of this game.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

If the 3rd dlc comes out with a S as the first word I will believe this and then at that point sell the game before the last dlc comes out.

headless rushing is not fun. alltime rushing is not fun. having to rush to do well is not fun.

Rushers should be sent to small island and then have it sunk.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Spoken like a true camper.

Level 35

Jeeze, we could turn that completely around and it would make more sense. Camping is not fun, all time camping is not fun, having to camp to win is not fun.... Yeap, that makes 100% more sense.

Level 14

I rush when I want and camp when I want. My goal is to stay alive and help get kills and not end the game (tdm) by dying 10-20 times in a match. Sometimes it's better to just camp and pick off the guys that keep running at you but I like it when I'm on the hunt against a good camping team. Anyone can kill rushers, taking out a locked down area is more rewarding.

Level 27

in reply to RuggedSavior

April Fools day is at the start of month, not the end.

If they wanted to test 125 kill points, or 100 win score , - why no just implement it. Can't be too hard to reverse if there's a backlash.

What a waste of a bonus mode Smiley Sad.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to RuggedSavior

oh no something that has literally 0 impact on me has been added to the game, better complain about it

Level 16

in reply to RuggedSavior

hahahaha. This "new game mode" is something that would have taken any competent dev less than a minute to do. Increasing kill cound and points per kill is probably one of the easiest things to change. Nothing more than a simple ini tweak and uploaded to the server.

hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks vandarhaar. now i have to make a 15th twitter account so you can ban and ignore me once again.

Level 18

Studios