Assault Shield - For those who DID NOT boost to get Gold...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Assault Shield - For those who DID NOT boost to get Gold...

What is the best way to get the Golden Assualt Shield? I tried it in core, but the 2 hits makes it near impossible. Then I tried hardcore, where it is 1 hit to kill, but hardcore you take way less bullets and even this is near impossible :/

So what is the best way to obtain this as well as the best class set up? Thanks guys.

Level 4
11 REPLIES

Re: Assault Shield - For those who DID NOT boost to get Gold...

in reply to MiLLwauKeeee

BUMP

Level 4

in reply to MiLLwauKeeee

well im also struggling and went for the mk 48 instead (same challenges left (cherry blossom and stuff) i tried it on hardcore with:

Lightweight and ghost

Fast hands

Extreme Conditioning and engineer

with teh tomahawkzzzszszzszszs....

and i got the 100 kills so fast , now, for the other challenges, you may want to have a partner or two that use the assault shield as its COMPLETELY RARE to find someone using the riot shield, kill him, pick up his shield, and kill 25 people with it (im leaving this as the last challenge)

Level 4

in reply to MiLLwauKeeee

There is not really a good way to go about it. Just keep trying and you'll get lucky. I stopped using it because most enemies seem to be able to shoot right through it, even though I'm looking directly at them and they're aiming right down the middle of my shield.

Good luck.

Level 29

in reply to creaper21

Yups, which is annoying.

Not to mention since I use tactical using the B button to hit someone is also near impossible it has like no hit radius XD.

Level 19

in reply to MiLLwauKeeee

In here http://community.activision.com/message/413757017#413757017 somewhere.

Update, I'm done with everything except the ballistic knife & combat knife

Level 14

in reply to MiLLwauKeeee

I did it mainly by playing domination. Taking B flag (flak jackets and tac mask absolute must!) and then sitting near by. You'd be amazed how many players will just dive onto the flag with checking their surroundings. And then for the smarter or more observant enemies, shock charges to hold the buggars still while the bashing is unleashed.

Level 1

in reply to MiLLwauKeeee

Well i used a tactic were i stunned then first with concussion grenades then ran in and hit them. There alot simpler to kill when they cant move. Use lightwight flak jacket scavenger tact mask take to concussion grenades and it should be pretty easy. Also a lot of fun for trolling.

Level 1

in reply to MiLLwauKeeee

Eh, I can tell you at least how I run it. Though in the end it's mostly based on a mixture of individual skill and luck. Running with a good team helps, also, especially if they know that you're trying for your kills and they won't steal them.

Flak Jacket

Scavenger + Fast Hands

Tactical Mask

Axe

2x Shock Charge

B23R

Wildcard - Perk 2 Greed

I've found that with the connection issues the game has, along with the fact that the shield is severely lacking in lunge ability, it's not worth even trying to get to people most of the time. I tried running lightweight/extreme conditioning, and it just doesn't work because they still move faster than you walking backwards firing an LMG and half the time you just get stabbed through your shield for your efforts.

You need to make them come to you. Use your shock charges at corners and draw the enemy into it. If they start running away or you face multiple enemies, just use the b23r. As always with the riot shield, try to wait until you see an action animation begin before advancing, and if they're standing still while doing so, use the opportunity to kill them with your axe.

Level 1

in reply to MiLLwauKeeee

I got mine diamond yesterday, this is what I used -

Mostly I played hardcore KC and had to be very stealthy about it

my class setup was -

Shield

Lightweight

Scavenger/fast hands with perk 2 greed for stun grenades

Extreme conditioning/engineer for seeing Betty's etc

2 stun grenades

You best bet is to try and jump on them, stun them as much as you need and then try and get behind them

Good luck

Level 4

Studios