BO2: Then VS Now

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

BO2: Then VS Now

Do you think black ops 2 was better when it was first released? ( before all the nerfs and buffs ) Or do you think that its better now after all the nerfs and buffs? I personally enjoyed the game better when it was first released. I just think all the stuff they did to the weapons kinda ruined it.

Level 4
16 REPLIES

Re: BO2: Then VS Now

in reply to randomness550

Most of the changes seem so insignificant i barely even notice them, and it doesn't help that i get a pretty bad connection on average which messes up the balance anyway (some weapons turn into hitmarker machines etc.).

Level 22
Highlighted

I like it now, less QSers.

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

I normally would have said nothing seems any different til I saw that.

Except for that nothing has really changed for me. The game still plays the same for me.

Level 72

Nerfs and Buffs haven't made a difference.

The fact all my friends were playing on release... and aren't now... makes all the difference.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

The fact all my friends were playing on release... and aren't now... makes all the difference.

What do you mean by this? I have experienced this since MW, I find new friends, some move on to the new titles others stay some curse it, I still play with two dudes from my MW days.

But a majority of friends that I played with are no more, it really hasn't affected me.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Over the past few titles I have had a consistent group of friends, several in fact, comprising different groups I could play with at any given time. This was usually true throughout the life cycle of each game, though of course there would be ebbs and tides.

In this game, however, all those groups played at release and I always had someone to play with.  As the life cycle of this game has progressed, those folks have either moved on to other games or just aren't on as often. It does impact my enjoyment of the game, as I really enjoy playing with my friends. I have met new folks on this game, to be sure, but it just hasn't been the same this time around.

Because of this, the game isn't as much fun for me as it was at release. All of the other stuff is minor to me compared to this.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Is it still laggy as hell?

I haven't played since February. I got the game on release and spent most of the 3 months or so trying different router/connection combinations to try to get a reliable game rather than enjoying my play time. The only weapons I noticed being very overpowered were Sub Machineguns, meaning everybody used them. I only got the first DLC (skatepark, ski resort, new SMG etc.) and it only got worse. Complete waste of money.

If you still experience

- Multiple hit markers (including headshots) on an enemy but then getting killed by one shot.

- Crazy killcams where the hit marker was 10 inches to the left of an enemy head but they still died.

- One game owning as if you were playing offline then the next game not being able to hit anybody

- 95% of the time entering games with people from different continents

- Your stats + unlocks resetting after you play an offline bots match

All with recommended settings, open NAT and even with direct connection to a modem.

Then nothing has changed since release .

If all that has been fixed then damn I'll have to dig the game out as it might be enjoyable finally.

Level 3

I always like the game more near the end of its cycle compared to first months of release. I'm more experienced and comfortable with the game and the race for top prestige has a couple hundred thousand less opponents.

Level 23

I find the playing better because: I got better and they (as usual) released the best maps towards the end.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios