Black Ops 2 Map debate...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Black Ops 2 Map debate...

Hi guys. After  reading mixed views of the upcoming new maps for the much awaited Black Ops 2, and realising most of us havnt played the maps yet, i was really keen on getting some views from all of you guys on what you think from what yuve seen so far, and even better, from anyone whose played the game already. Personally im absolutely loving the look of the new maps. Ive been watching constant footage of atleast six of them and so far im very impressed with the variety and colour. Personally i think as cod players we all love the mid sized open areas high traffic gameplay and the fast paced nature of smaller maps. As much as people always complain about maps being too small we all agree that Nuketown, Shipment, Dome and Killhouse were great fun maps and need to be scattered into a game. So anyways guys, please let us kbow what you think so far...For or Against, and whats your fave so far? Cheers

Level 16
38 REPLIES

Re: Black Ops 2 Map debate...

in reply to RUSTY GUN

I find small maps require no tactical thought, make spawns harder to balance and in turn make spawn trapping so much easier and the only people that enjoy these maps are ADHD kids who need constant stimulation to be happy. All these maps do is incourage hectic game play, flashbangs, random grenade tosses and corner camping due to the fact that they dont need to move around to get constant kills.

You will never have a good spawn system on a small map period. but alot of kids play this game so we will be seeing alot more smaller maps and alot more complaints about bad spawn systems.

I loved the black ops maps and one small map wasnt a problem (nuketown) but i get the feeling we will be seeing alot more in black ops 2............

Level 5

in reply to RUSTY GUN

i think that we should have a variety of maps. The small hectic maps are fast paced, and crazy, they allow for good close quarters fighting. Medium sized maps open themselves up to many different styles of gameplay. They require some thought on what gun you are going to use, and what routes you will take on the map. Large more open maps make players be more methodical on how they play the game. Thought has to be given on where you want to go, an how you are going get there. They also open themselves to more sniping, and these maps require a little more patience.

I think you need a variety of all three of these map styles to have a good game. It allows for more of a variety of playstyles, and breaks up the monotony of constant CQC. While some of these maps will be more popular than others, i think they all have a place.

The only maps i do not like are the "large" maps that are very cluttered and broken up. I think this just makes for slow paced games where you cannot find anybody. Even me, a run and gunner, spray and pray, shotgun user thinks that large maps should be atleast semi-open. A good player can make his playstyle effective in any situation.

Level 19

in reply to RUSTY GUN

i love small and medium size maps, small maps for the hectic game play and medium is good for if you want to get a bit more tactical as for large map well ive never been a fan of them i hated derail, fuel and array.

Level 25

in reply to RUSTY GUN

I hate small maps with a passion. There's far too much  "spawn,take 2 steps,get killed" BS that goes on in them.

The 4 maps the OP mentioned - NukeTown,Shipment,Dome & Killhouse(and Rust) - are some of my most hated COD maps.

Give me medium maps any day of the week.

Level 30

in reply to RUSTY GUN

small maps are okay IF there is only a few of them. BO went on the highish end with their small maps. they had 1 tiny one, and 2 small ones, and some arguable. you should have 1-2 small maps. the majority need to be medium and vary to support different stiles of play, and ruffly 2-3 large maps, atleast 1-2 of which are good for sniping. some of the medium maps need to be sniping capable but not necassarly good.

Level 22

in reply to RUSTY GUN

maps like jungle, cliffside, ambush, and afghan were great maps, every map in mw3 was below par in my eyes, they were all so small and cluttered sniping was eliminated and traded off for quickscoping and the braindead smg users

Level 2

in reply to fattPATRAT69

Interesting and true replies. Agree with some of those, but runnimg down Nuketown and shipment!!?# Behave yourself, surely not mny agree with those remarks!? Anyway what do you guys think of the new black ops 2 maps?

Level 16

in reply to RUSTY GUN

It is still to early to say, honestly.

I have watched the vids as well... but I have to see how they play in my favorite game modes.

Lets have some experience under our belt before we break down the maps.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to RUSTY GUN

I love the colors so far.

Players seem to pop out rather than blending in like Old Snake in MGS4, and it's not nearly as dull looking like MW3 maps, you know, Downturn, Lockdown, and other sickly looking maps.

Level 12

Studios