Bleed Out

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Bleed Out

in reply to TheOSUistheSHIZ

People still camp in BF3 all teh time depending upon the game mode and map. The bf ista med kit makes it very easy to do. this way you have to earn it, and then call it in. Not just have a healer toss one down any time they feel like it.

Get a team with a healer and a ammo suplier and they are very annoying on some of the smaller maps. Especially if they have a sniper and lmg with them too. I have seen that 4 man tag team wipe out other teams no matter how much they pushed toward them. Forever health, forever ammo.. long rnage, suppressive, and close up fire at the same time...

Which is why it should be a cp drop not just a toss me down.

Level 70

in reply to acm2010

Yes several kinks in the overall idea, but still would be better than the regen fairy healing players automatically.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Yeah it will be a good idea overall.  It would promote brainpower over reflexes at least.  And I use high damage weapons myself so obviously there's some bias there.  Having played RSV I'd be used to the blurred vision upon being shot.

Another way is to have 70 health for core under the current conditions.  It might actually make sniper rifles more viable given their 0.4s ADS times (0.35s for the Ballista) then since the FAL and SMR outclass them too much overall under the 100 health situation we have.

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to SitRepPro

That is part of the idea, make players learn to aim better, be quicker with their shots and not rely on the health fairy to keep them alive with out any cares. Players would have to work as a team to keep it away from the enemy as well until it was used and a new one could be called in.

Level 70

Nice a bunch of hypocrits lol love it rushers and runner n gunners can't hinder you or complain about you cause that makes them garbage and headless chickens but here you are making a feature that would hinder them and make it easier for you to walk around like a careful sloth. I love the idea but until they fix their network coding I am not going for it. I am not a rusher or runner n gunner I am a strategizer so no I don't run like a headless chicken. To me campers and rushers and runner n gunners and spawn exploiters are have no differences they all complain and lie to make it where the game only benefits their play styles they don't care about their fellow gamers. Every year seems like the campers win when getting their way so don't know why you are even complaining about headless monkeys/chickens. Hopefully next Call of Duty doesn't benefit or support any play style all they do is put weapons and perks and equipment in the game and bam their done and basically they only buff something if it's useless to all players or they nerf something because it throws the game off balanced. If they add a bleeding out feature that would hinder campers as think about it you are in a corner and someone manages to get a shot off you and then bam very limited time to camp cause you are bleeding out lol. Health Regeneration was a bad idea from the start they should just make equipment that you deploy that heals your teamates and gives you points.

Level 3

Great idea that way when I hit a camper it isn't rinse and repeat.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

If your true to your shot and they are not yes. They suffer and slowly get penalized until they bleed out or just get killed by you or another player. No get hit, run hide.. heal.. run out and get hit again by health fairy. Would need a med kit near by and could only be used once every so often by each player per life. Players would have to play smart and think more and work as a team to maintain control over their medkit.

Could have even been made an obj game mode, protect the med supplies. The team that does can use it to regain health if damaged, again with restrictions on how often and how much it heals. Too many use it too soon it cannot be used when maybe needed the most after an hard enemy push.

Level 70

I had a similar idea in a different thread which included safe zones with health and ammo supply points, maybe you could combine the two ideas.

Have no auto health regens and no scavenger perk and instead have a safe zone on each map with a medical center and an ammo crate in. (One safe zone at either end of the map, enemies cannot enter this area and players inside cannot shoot out of it), Make these safe zones the spawn areas aswell with multiple entry/exit points to remove the ability to trap players.

The medical center can be used once per player per life/round depending on gamemode and the same for the ammo crate (you can resupply everything from here, ammo/rockets/grenades/tacticals)

I know this makes it sound easy but if you consider the bleed-out feature aswell it means if player in an offensive position gets shot he will only have a limited time to return to his/her safe zone and dont forget chances are he/she will have to fight their way back aswell.

What if everyone just camps near the SZ? Well in that case noone would ever gets kills and noone would ever win a game, you would need to push forward to the center of the map in order to get your kills/streaks/wins.   

Level 8

An fps I used to play had a system like that. Two people per squad had medic training and could carry three kits to stop bleeding. It added strategy to the matches. They didn't "add" health, just stopped the bleeding . It was by far the best fps I've ever played.

Activision Ambassador

I don't undertand the point. If you dont like health regen, play hard core.

Having someone "bleeding out" is just going to make them a sitting duck, and they will die anyways. Might as well kill them with that one shot instead, so they can respawn and keep playing.

Level 20

Studios