Bleed Out

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Bleed Out

I think CoD should move away from regeneration health and move toward a bleed out method. If a person is shot they slowly begin to lose health, as their health drops, visions is blurred, and accuracy with a weapon drops as well. A single shot will stop bleeding over time, but no health is regained ever. Multiple shots will take longer to stop bleeding or will not stop at all. As your health decreases, make them able to sprint for shorter distances, take longer to reload weapons, longer to ads, blurry vision with the edges become black until they finally cannot see before they die from bleeding to death. No this is not hard core either, for this would be beyond hardcore where just a simple one shot kills no matter where your hit. No this is not last stand either, since it is not a perk.

I know many people will come here and go the game is not meant to be realistic... blah.. blah.. blah. And the only reason why is because they would fear such a system because they could no longer rush like fools get hit, duck behind cover wait for full health and continue on like nothing ever happened. It would make players have to be cautious and play tacticfully and not like adreanline monkeys rushing for kills all the time. a few near misses and slowly they begin to die, thus maybe loosing their streak becuase they did not take time to look around before moving.

The rushers and anti-campers will of course hate this because they will say it will make camping even more prevalent in the game becasue people will become to scared to even move. To the person with greater gun skill it would not be an issue since they would still hit their mark and kill them more times then being hit themselves, so not have to worry nearly as much about it. Only after repetitive hits during one life would the problem become bad enough for them.

Level 70
22 REPLIES

Re: Bleed Out

in reply to trialstardragon

Health Regen is a joke, and part of the lag issues we see in this game.

I like this idea. You get 100 health in core to start with, every time you take damage it goes down.

Maybe add a perk that allows a player to heal teammates and reward those players for doing so (Scorestreak Points) to make it a true team game. Make support drops include health packs.

I think this would add a lot to the game. Make players play smarter once they got hit, and if you introduced a medic ability would encourage team play.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I did not want to add the healing perk for then people would hate on it like last stand. But a health drop from a cp would be ok. Make it a medical kit that anyone could use, maybe have x number of uses like the bo1 flack jacket, but with out the damage protection the fj gave. Make it restore to 50-75% health if less, only enough to reduce the penalites to near 0 but not completely.

the points could be given for healing teammates but make them only small amounts about the same as uav assits maybe. so maybe 5-6 uses per med kit. Not enough for a full streak but would help work toward the next one.

Level 70

Yeah I could see issues with it as well.

It would have to have limits... maybe a recharge time frame? Can't heal themselves or be healed?

Would just like to see more teamwork put into the fold.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Single use by each player of their own med kit per life? No more then two-three used in one life by any player even if multiple are dropped? 15-30 seconds between each use, so could not be spammed by entire team right at drop? Only one drop active at a time per team. So it would not become a major focus point(no mutli fj drops like in bo1). Still might though because players would want to keep it from the enemy so they could not steal it and use it for themself or their team.

Level 70

The CP drop might have to work differently to the current CP drop to encourage people to use it, perhaps a faster airdrop, as people will prefer to stat pad with lethal killstreaks, so if the choppers coming in are the same, people might opt for other choices.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Agreed, it would have to come in at least 20% faster then a normal CP, maybe even 30-40% faster wuold be better. that way there was less time for the wait on it. Plus if it was shot down over enemy space by someone they could steal it and use it for their team to get healed.

Level 70
Highlighted

Not in these versions of COD- everyone on the map would be limping around with bad vision.  There is too much fire on too small of maps.

The idea is good if the player density on the maps was way less.

Level 6

I look at this thread and wondered...............why didn't treyarch think of this. Oh well.

I do see some kinks in your idea, but that can be smoothed out a bit. Overall.... I think it will work.

Level 14

in reply to acm2010

Just make it like BF3.

You still regen health, it just takes like 15 seconds to start getting it back and it comes back slowly.

If you didnt have it period Id think camping would be out of control.

It works in BF3 because the maps are so big you cant just camp because you wont see enough people to keep you interested.

If they implemented this into COD, IMO they would have to make larger maps to deter camping.

Level 4

Studios