C4 needs to be changed somehow.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

C4 needs to be changed somehow.

As it stands right now, there is no real reason to use semtex or frags over C4.

The game is absolutly saturated with people using this equipment. It's gotten so bad that I almost need to run flack jacket on all my loadouts because of the C4 spam. Besides random, extreme range throws there is nothing other lethals offer that C4 can't do better.

I don't understand why it's so much more prevelant in this call of duty compared to others either....

And running flak jacket is only a bandaid fix really, since you'll survive that C4 pack coming over the wall or around the corner, only to be weakened and have a pretty good chance of losing the ensuing gunfight.

I know there must be a million threads talking about this, but I feel like it's reached a sort of critical mass online. It isn't uncommon to go up against teams in domination where EVERYONE on the opposing team is running emp/C4 combos. Between this spam and the quickscoping epidemic plagueing the game it becomes harder and harder to have fun, and not get shoehorned into very specfic builds to counter this, only leaving you shorthanded against what you would be using otherwise. (more gun attachments, mobility perks)

Anyway, I play the game, ALLOT. I've played all of the Call of duties since 2 launched on the 360 and I can't remember a title where C4 was this rampant. There must be something in this game that C4 has over the iterations of it from the past, but I can't remember. I remember getting killed by C4 in modernwarfare 2 and black ops, but never remotely close to the frequency of black ops II.

Anyway, I was just wondering what the rest of the community thought about C4. It honestly pisses me off more then quickscopers, dropshotters, lag and target finders combined.

Level 4
51 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: C4 needs to be changed somehow.

in reply to McGruunty

Stop crying, flak jacket works just fine as a counter to c4. This coming from a flak jacket user and a heavy c4 user. I get flak jacket hitmarkers all the time when I throw it.

Level 16

in reply to blb128

They are not crying, they are expressing their concern about how one peice of equipment is being abused by so many because of how effective it is over other equipment meant to do the same thing.

I think they need to change c4 where it cannot be detonated so quickly, make it where it has to be planted first, no air detonations allowed.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

No grenades are not supposed to do the exact same thing as C4. C4 is much stronger with a bigger blast radius then nades

Level 3

In all honesty, flak jacket is the solution!

One needs to ask him self WHY NOT!

I chose hardline and ghost over flak jacket and sometimes I get killed by C4 also.

It DOES makes me wonder why it can be revilled with scavenger, but other than that the game laid down an option for everybody to use which is called flak jacket!

All topics are being answered with use the perk that is designed to counter it, I can't see why this ain't of them.

Level 2

C4 is the only reason I play Black Ops 2. C4 will take a non Flak jacket camper down. But only campers ( You ) want it change. Lets take the Target Finder out. Only Rushers/semi rushers want them out. ( ME )

~THE NOOB KILLER

Level 24

in reply to redx165

LOL.. I am not a camper. but I am not a headless r-n-gunner either. I move about the map but do it tactically unlike most adreanline monkeis(you) do.

Level 70

in reply to redx165

I'm the farthest thing from a camper and I hate c4 probably more than the first person who posted. Grenades are supposed to be used against campers, that's the whole purpose, to fish them out with grenades. People who use c4 are lame, more so than target finders.  But I guess it's not totally their fault because the game allows you to throw it, which is the whole reason this original post is on here. The distance c4 can be tossed needs to be reduced to a couple feet max. You do not throw c4 in reality, you set it up. So technically c4 is for the people who are campers who are waiting for someone to run through a door or around a corner. I can't tell you how many times I'm running around or in a firefight and someone tosses c4 over a wall and blows me away, and I literally have to don flak jacket on every one of my classes because if I don't then I'll die more than 5 times every match to c4. Even with flak jacket I'm getting blown away. In fact, if I chose to camp more often then I would get hit by c4 much less. I do not run around mindlessly either, I'm a very tactical player. But I end up having to quit a ridiculous amount of games because I'm tired of getting blown away from some stupid cheapskate who's rocking c4 and doesn't start shooting till they've tossed all of it lol. I mean what is this? This is supposed to be a Shooting game, where guns come first, and explosives are a secondary option. Basically, and obviously I'm not just talking to YOU, the game made c4 too good, and obviously COD is not perfect. There should be no target finders, dynamic advanced throwable c4, or quickscoping allowed, and the people who use them in my opinion are not smart like they think they are by taking advantage of it but lame because they use the things that are so incredibly cheap. Have some dignity people. People want to enjoy this game and most of the better players hate those aspects of it, which granted are allowed, but they shouldn't be. Stupid COD developers..

Level 1

in reply to McGruunty

I run flak jacket & lightweight toughness & extreme cond. I rarely get c4 because im always on the move..most of if not all my c4 kills are on campers in buildings or corner camping because they don't see the C4 coming

Level 3

Re: C4 needs to be changed somehow. HAHA

Well, if they nerf it that bad, I might stop playing BO2! But they never will. the guns and equipment are done and made. There /is/ a reason however,why they changed it in BO3, because of people like me who thoroughly enjoy making the battlefield my playground, with the perfected dodge ball c4 toss.. You gotta wait like 10 dang seconds now, TO DETONATE on BO3!!! Gunna post my YT link again, not sure if i am supposed to, but I'm trying to get more viewers, not for monetize purposes, but to reach 100 subscribers(first goal)

much love,

chck vdo

p.s. the link below is directly to a video from my channel; watch close, it's friggin schweet! oh and if you find my newest overflow, it's like my best toss after throwing almost 200k c4 with little over 65k kills I think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLU3LprjgupBzXvXSUtXLYU_Gjsk_85ANc&v=1ro4i1UPywQ

Level 2

Studios