C4 needs to be changed somehow.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: C4 needs to be changed somehow.

in reply to McGruunty

Abuse? I've thrown over 5000. Only been killed by C4 59 times.

C4 is fine. If they feel a nerf is neccessary it will probably be to to distance you can throw it. You can throw it much farther in this game than other titles. Other than that C4 has been the same for ages, no need for this 'no quick detonation' nonsense.

Level 9

in reply to McGruunty

C4 has been the same for a few games now.  Why all of a sudden does it need to be changed? There is nothing wrong with c4 even throwing and detonating it doesn't always work well unless you are using fast hands,  I have died many times throwing it and getting killed before i can detonate where I want it to go. I'm an avid user of c4 and flak jacket as well and have used it exclusively since I started playing cod years ago.   I've died more to random 'Joe Montana' grenades that are magnetized to me by rolling around by my feet just out of toss back range or grenades thst explode above head from being cooked with flak jacket on than I have died from c4 alone. I get hit markers all the time using c4 against flak jacket users. Like I've said in many other c4 threads,  semtex, frags,  betties,   and c4 all have the same blast radius of 256 inches,  c4 is not bigger.  Frags have max damage of 200, betties have max damage of 200, semtex has max damage of 150.....guess what? C4 max damage is 205, and min damage is 70.... The others min damage is around 50. So i guess that extra 5 max damage and 20 min damage  with same explosion radius is really wrecking people.... I rarely see c4 planted anymore and it can't be thrown as far as a cooked frag or semtex.  Whats next? People bitching that you can throw a Betty into an area where people are and it immediately be set off with no delay even against engineer users? C4 has always been about controlled on demand explosions.  And the whole complaining about scan replenishing lethal and explosives..... It doesn't replenish explosives if thst person is killed by an explosive but let's face it.... I can kill a tactical loiterer with c4 and kill his buddy with my gun and replenish my c4. Any tactical, and explosive can be refilled thst way.  Just like ppl abuse the hell out of rpgs, smaws, and undermount grenade launchers with scavenger by picking up ammo bags from enemies killed by guns.  Let's not get into the ridiculous tactical nades and equipment being replenished and spammed like crazy..... Eh hem empnade,  blackhats ,  trophy systems.....

Level 6

in reply to Sharted1ce

I haven't used noob tubes in months but what I remember was they didn't replenish with scavenger.  I may be wrong though. I haven't noticed c4 being used 2 much though I have a class on the ready though. Same with flashes and concussions. I have a tactical mask class set up just 4 when people are spamming those. Most of my classes are the holy trinity though same as half the people that play. Personally though I don't use c4 except when I prestige the first match before I can create a class I use the class with the scorpion which happens to use the ultimate try hard setup of c4 and scavenger.

Level 9

in reply to McGruunty

Non issue

Level 44

in reply to Sharted1ce

All so very true my friend. well most, I skimmed cause it was long so if you said something stoopit at all, let's just say I don't agree. everything I read though, spot on!

Level 2

in reply to McGruunty

I would lower the throw distance,  and maybe make them unrefillable by scavenger.  I don't mind c4 but getting spammed because they are running scavenger is ridiculous.  One man army anyone?

Level 3

in reply to McGruunty

Thanks for your input. You just inspired me to use C4. I hope to get good at it one day and I do hope I run into you on the battlefield.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Please, with a name like yours, I'm shaking in my boots.

Level 4

in reply to McGruunty

I rarely see it being used in HC, but I've used it a few times, and I noticed that the range at which it can be thrown is pretty incredible. I've thrown it through second story windows from the ground level. It just seems like it can be thrown just as far as other explosives, like nades!

Level 24

in reply to McGruunty

As expected those that came here to defend against it being changed are those that use it and thus would think the game was ruined or made worse for the change. When really it would add a level of thinking to using them more than just the run-toss-detonate thinking that goes on now.

Pretty much semtex is useless, c4 does it job better. Frag is useless c4 does its job better. With the current way c4 works, there is no reason to have either one of those even in the game anymore.

Level 70

Studios