C4 needs to be changed somehow.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: C4 needs to be changed somehow.

in reply to trialstardragon

This is the point I was trying to make.

Level 4

in reply to trialstardragon

You missed the point. Flak jacket counters c-4 very well. Trophy system works great to if your sitting on an objective. C-4 has the advantage over nades and semtex up close but not far away cause you cant throw c-4 across the map like the other two. This thread is just as bad spy plane threads. Counters are put into the game for a reason. Its your fault for choosing not to use them. The developers dont need to cater to your setup/playstyle because of your ignorance.

Level 16

in reply to blb128

Why not have a golden gun and have a perk called juggernaut that cancels out it's one hit kill ability?

And then a Holy Hand Grenade with a perk called God-Armor that cancels out it's one hit kill ability?

And then a 500 point killstreak called Reaper the Grim that kills all players that don't have the Ward from Evil perk?

And then...

Forced counters are not counters -- they're forced.

Forcing players to use a perk to survive is a bad idea.

When ALL the flags in domination are exposed and impossible to defend from within the flag's perimeters -- and all the bombsites are exposed -- you MUST HAVE Flak Jacket to survive.

Once again -- this is mainly a map problem and not a problem with the equipment, in this case C4.

If maps were better designed, so that you could not EASILY throw C4 onto a flag from afar and out of sight on every flag and every bombsite -- Flak Jacket would not be forced onto you, as you'd be able to defend yourself.

But all the maps ARE badly designed, and they cannot change the map layouts.

So... they should change the C4 instead.

By all means, let it's RANGE be massive -- but limit it's damage OR delay the trigger to prevent it from being a super-grenade.

Shooting it should disable it, not blow it up, too.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

Forced counters? Get out of here. That is the worst argument I've heard on here yet. A real issue is something like One Man Amy noob tubes from MW2. We didnt have a perk or setup to counter that issue back then. Smart players have class setup for just about anything they encounter in the game. We need to be accountable for our choices and stop asking the developers to make everything cookie cuttter because it doesnt fit into our preferred pick 10 class setup

Level 16

in reply to ADW1983

We dont always agree but on this I have to agree with your anology and reasoning.

A forced counter is not a counter, nothing should be forced upon a player to survive in a match. Those who think otherwise about it are jus those what want to continue to abuse the game mechanic and do not want it changed. For they feel they would be to limited.

Increaseing the time from toss to detonation would be a viable change, It would make it where it cannot be spammed so easily. Forcing the C4 user to have to think ahead and not just rando toss-detonatae as is done now.

Level 70

in reply to McGruunty

C4, the new Hand Grenade,

Level 21

in reply to McGruunty

C4 is a pain in the butt. I only get hit with it mid air or if I'm camping. Sometimes when I get killed by C4 it's pretty funny! I can't use it to save my life but I don't care if someone else spams it all over the place. It's cool you just gotta deal with it. I rather have powered C4 than OP RPGS like on BO1. Don't forget emp nades also kill C4.

Level 7

in reply to McGruunty

Well, the c4 is already powerful enough and people can use it on demand, which I think is a bit unfair (especially when fast hands is involved). I think they should just go back to the way it was on BO1 where you had to pull it out before you could throw it. That way its use would be a bit more balanced than the way it is now.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to McGruunty

only problem i have with c4 is how far it can be thrown

Level 25

in reply to McGruunty

It doesn't bother me and I'm glad that they gave it some throwing range.  C4 in MW3 was pretty much useless because you could barely throw it to double the range of knifing.  Having to get that close to use it made not using it at all the better option.

As others have stated Flak pretty much stops C4.  Whether you choose to wear it or not is up to you.  I have classes both with Flak and without it and I play DOM a lot.  Lethals of all kinds are regularly spammed in that gamemode.  It's not an issue for me.

Level 69

Studios