C4 needs to be changed somehow.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: C4 needs to be changed somehow.

in reply to McGruunty

WHAT! I use frags and semtex quiet successfully and I have no issue watching that large red (if you use engineer) satchel being thrown at me, I just out maneuver it. You really should move your character more often! Or equip yourself with flak

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to McGruunty

i hate c4

i think it is one of the dumbest things in the game

however the only real problem i see with it other than being absolutely cheesy is the throwing distance

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

this is the one thing I will agree with, its capacity to be thrown has been increased in this game for no purpose.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

at least our characters have a promising career in the nfl whenever they get discharged

Level 16

in reply to McGruunty

C4 is fine as it is.

Level 22

in reply to McGruunty

IMO it needs to have a reduced range, increased throw time, and/or limit at the beginning of a match (similar to what frags and semtexs have). It should function more as a trap than an offensive weapon.

And to people saying to put on Flak Jacket, the point of this thread isn't that C4 is too strong (although it could be argued), its that it is superior to frags and semtexs and makes both of them pointless.

Level 35

in reply to McGruunty

Actually you are quite wrong. Frags are beneficial for bouncing around a corner, and if they are hiding behind a desk that grenade will follow them like a magnet. With C4 if they are hiding behind a desk it won't kill them. It may do quite a bit of damage, but won't kill them.

Semtex is equally as usable as C4 is. I rarely get hitmarkers when using semtex.

Lets not forget about the ever popular shock charge bouncing betty. That is almost a guaranteed kill.

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to McGruunty

Holy Non-Issue, Batman!

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to McGruunty

I'm glad you brought up the issue.  The only thing I'd change, like some others have said here, is the throwing distance.

It's definitely one of the more annoying ways to die.  Especially when you've already taken the first three shots.  But, it is what it is and you can usually defend against the C4 spammer pretty quickly.  The skilled C4 user, however, is a bit more difficult to defend. 

Level 40

in reply to McGruunty

What I like to do to improve my accuracy and give me a chance to defend myself if I encounter a bouncing betty user or a C4 user. I like to go to a custom game and toss a bouncing betty in the air and try to shoot it before it hits the ground and the same with C4.

Level 14

Studios