Call of Black Hats

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Call of Black Hats

Does anyone else here think the black hat thing is a little ridiculous? Everyone is running black hats and engineer.  I literally remember a couple of days ago, throwing down a betty and someone black hatted it, I hatted it back, then he did, then i did again and it went off and I got a hit marker and never saw the guy again... Of course I couldnt upload it cause theatre is broken, but I find myself re hatting over and over on a pretty consistent basis.

Level 34
16 REPLIES

Re: Call of Black Hats

in reply to CowboySr

No, I don't think so. Every game is different. If you play against a party, you are probably more likely to run into one of them having Black Hat and Engineer.

You just have to change your class. Switching play-styles on the fly during battle and not be completely dependent on equipments and tactical will then help you do better.

I sometimes switch to black hats and engineer, after a few deaths by bouncing bettys. That's when I know equipments are more the cause for most of my deaths and I play more cautiously.

Learning to adapt during the game is vital for winning the game, IMO.

Level 5

in reply to limonaid

Personally I prefer a Pistol over a Launcher so Black Hat is perfect for me.

Level 10

in reply to limonaid

I love black hat + engineer.  It lets me know where you are camping in hardcore and I'm coming to git ya!

Level 6

in reply to limonaid

My point was that this feels more like tug of war with equipment, not that I was having problem adapting. Everyone is running with hats now.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

Black hats are very versatile, tho. It hacks or destroys other's equipment and aerial crafts without giving your position so much as with Rocket Launchers.

However, they really made Rocket Launchers a little less attractive to equip now.

Level 5

in reply to CowboySr

I loooveee black hat and yes I usually run it with engineer. I don't use most equipment though so no worries there.

Level 2

in reply to CowboySr

Everyone is using it now. i have had more betties hacked and uav's destroyed by them in the last 2 days that it does not make it worth using them anymore. i was running BH to steal friend or foe care packages.

Level 38

in reply to CowboySr

I run with engineer and EMP grenades. They have FINALY made these things useful. As they truely destroy every piece of electronics, may it be behind wall or not. I love these puppies.

Level 6

in reply to CowboySr

The Black Hats are downright fun, and very useful.

I love them, as it keeps Betty users and Claymore users on their toes.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Studios