Can someone explain this to me? Because I don't get it.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Can someone explain this to me? Because I don't get it.

I started playing CoD back when CoD4 came out. The glory days were fun. People just running around and shooting each other in the back of the face. People stayed in games and took their losses so they could try again next round, or so they could get their xp and look for a less tryhard-y lobby afterwards. Now, in Black Ops 2, I can't go 2 games without the other team leaving or dashboarding. I don't get it. Why do so many people leave when they fail to spray me down with their MP7 or Remington? Don't even try the whole "lag comp" excuse, because I suffered from it in the first week, and now I barely even feel it. Sure, I get shot around corners a few times a match, but nowhere near enough for me to cut my xbox off mid-game. I even regularly come across someone on the other team who is the first to die when the match starts, and immediately quits. Have we really turned into such babies that if our high K/Ds and W/Ls aren't spoon fed to us that we throw a fit and leave? I've only left two games in Black Ops 2, and both were because I was playing solo and some friends sent invites. I have completely stopped caring about my W/L in this game because i've been dashboarded on so much.

This game has gotten so boring since it's usually 6v2 every other game, and on games where the dumb matchmaking actually decides to bring more people in, they leave too, so we go through at least 3 teamfuls of people sometimes in a single match. Please tell me that this is just a byproduct of the garbage that makes up the CoD community. I don't want to have to go through this in every multiplayer game I play from now on.

Level 22
38 REPLIES

Re: Can someone explain this to me? Because I don't get it.

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

Welcome to CoD 2012 style. Quitters=quitters unfortunately not much we can do.

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

There has to be something causing it though. I start to wonder why I even play this game, when most of my time is spent waiting for new players to join.

Level 22

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

I have rage-quit from MW3 a total of 5 times.

In Black Ops 2, the toll is 39 at the moment.

I press start, and select exit game.

I do not do it when going negative, nor when losing.

I do it when my shots don't register.

I do not do it when I lose close quarters combat in a hazy mess.

I quit when I shoot someone thrice and don't get hit-detection, only to have them kill me as a result of me shooting them.

That has happened versus every enemy in entire lobbies 39 times so far in Black Ops 2 -- compared to only 5 times in MW3.

It may be the maps that funnel the desynchronization problems to the games' worst range; Short range, causing all the rage.

But it should not be like this in 4 green bar lobbies.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

That's the thing, my team rarely pulls host. We're always the ones with 2-3 bar and complaining about the lag, while we're winning. The enemy team has host advantage and still quits. That doesn't make sense to me.

Level 22

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

No, this is the thing, unlike most every other cod or fps for that matter, there is no host advantage. However, there is a definite host disadvantage. Too, way too many times, I start a game, take off, find some noob crouched in a corner with his back to me, let loose a half of extended clip smg rounds, with hit markers, into his back and head, only for him to jump up, turn slightly, fire his smg in my general direction, one round grazes my ear and I'm dead. I leave game instantly only to find that I am host. This has gotten worse recently and seems to be a daily thing. And mind you, I don't quit because of stats, I quit because I play to have fun. And that, my friends is not fun.

Level 8

in reply to CLureCO

On the rare occasion that I pull host, i'm always a tiny bit ahead of everyone else on the other team. All of my bullets that hit the enemy count, instead of passing through them without even a hitmarker. Maybe it's because I use an old Linksys router or something else, but i've never had host disadvantage.

Level 22

in reply to CLureCO

"I don't quit because of stats, I quit because I play to have fun. And that, my friends is not fun" Yep!

Level 5

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

Heard that yo. Only time I leave is when I'm being shot or microwaved as I spawn, not if they are sitting in my spawn cuz I can deal with that. That's when I'll quit. Definitely no reason to rage on this game or even care about stats. Its not like you are going to get hired by somebody cuz ur KD is high.

BuX
Level 6

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

I was so impressed by a guy the other day who was the only one left on his team.  6 on 1.  He lost badly, but he refused to quit and wasn't playing hide a seek either.  Even killed two of us at one time with a well placed Bouncing Betty.  I don't know that I would have stayed if I was in his camo's.

Also, I haven't noticed the dashboarding this iteration of COD as much.  Rarely will the game just end because of a host migration.  I think they have taken great pains to preserve games regardless of the actions of the host.

Level 3

Studios