Can't find Hardcore Capture the Flag

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Can't find Hardcore Capture the Flag

Love this game can't find it anymore.  Is it gone, if it is when will they bring it back.  Been playing it for years and now its gone.  I do like the original black ops format better than the Black Ops II with the timed cap winning.

Level 1
26 REPLIES

Re: Can't find Hardcore Capture the Flag

in reply to jayeatsbeans

HCDOM replaced CTF because of low numbers. I am on board with you as I can't believe they replaced it. I have since moved to core CTF and I am doing just fine. Different game speed, much less spawn trapping, but overall not as much fun.

HC = who can get on target first.

CORE = who can stay on target longer.

Level 18

in reply to xmrythem

You just described the only real difference between core and hard core. All the other minor things like no mini map or hud really make no difference.

h=less time to kill, easier to spray pray

c=more time to kill, harder to spray pray.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to trialstardragon

No HUD makes a big old difference when one team calls in a UAV. It also means that communication is vital to keep tabs on where the danger is coming from in a mode without fixed/stubborn base spawns.

Also, shorter TTK works against you too, put one foot just slightly wrong and your dead. Spray n pray players tend not to do so well in my experience. Its certainly cost me a few streaks when I've lost my cool and resorted to it.

Horses for courses my friend, horses for courses.

Level 31

in reply to jayeatsbeans

They aren't bringing it back.

Level 25

in reply to jayeatsbeans

Core CTF definitely needs more players, the numbers have been abysmal.

Level 10

in reply to Proclaimor1

I ask the developers to PLEASE consider one of the other alternate solutions that have also been used in the last two Call of Duty games. One of them is creating a second Hardcore playlist called Hardcore Objectives. After all, Arms Race was announced by 3arc as for a limited time and the DLC slot is almost up. For example: 

CORE (12 slots)

HARDCORE (4 slots)

COMPAT TRAINING (2 slots)

PARTY GAMES (4 slots)

BONUS (2 slots)

UPRISING (3 slots)

why not have

CORE (12 slots)

HARDCORE Objective (4 slots) (SnD, HQ, DOM, CTF)

COMBAT TRAINING (2 slots)

PARTY GAMES (4 slots)

HARDCORE (3 slots) (TDM, KC, FFA)

This also leaves one slot unused incase Nuketown 24/7 or Arms Race would return. I would really appreciate the developers considering ANY option as this would allow a larger selection for the hardcore community as a whole.  Hardcore CTF was the only game mode I enjoyed playing. Please find some way to bring it back. Even if it is one of the choices to vote for in a moshpit type playlist. Call of Duty has done it before.... please do it again.

Level 5

in reply to CrashPower

The DLC slot cannot be used until there is no more DLC to be released for the game, so that means not until the 4th DLC has been released.

One reason why what you ask for will not work is people do not like any sort of list that may be a mosh list.  And they cannot use the DLC slots until the last DLC is out for they would need those slots for the DLC release until it was put in to normal rotation. So should they use them and then during the week or two that DLC is out, take them away people would cry about how unfair it was for them to do that.. To PUT THEM BACK or they are not playing or buying the game anymore!!!111!!111!one1!

They will not do a mosh list like in BO because of how bad it failed and was so hated by the majority of the players in the game.

Level 70

It probably won't work. I did something a little bit different in the link below than what he has set up.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414435164#414435164 Look at the last post.

Given that it was just an idea I heard from the in-game chatter.

Level 14

I simply want Hardcore Capture the Flag back trialstardragon. I wouldn't presume to know the best way to do it, but the developers do. I was simply offering an example that Call of Duty has utilized in the past other than game mode rotation. It may seem trivial to many, but HC CTF is the only multiplayer mode I enjoy and I played it all the time. I had over 33 days of online game play with my gamer tag "CrashPower A" before I stopped playing multiplayer early last April. Other than Zombies, which I have been playing every day since, HC CTF is the reason I purchased the game. I just want the game mode that my friends and I love so much to return. I miss it and I miss my friends. Since I'm sure that Treyarch & Activision take pride in all the work they put into Black Ops 2, I thought they would appreciate hearing from someone that has devoted so much time playing it because it's so fun and who truly appreciates all their hard work. (Am I sucking up? Sure, but I'm being honest. Heck, I'd get down on my knees and beg, run naked through the streets, or even tell them  where my grandmother hides the cookie jar with her life savings if I thought that would help). LOL

Finally trialstardragon, how can you justify your reasoning with a statement like "people would cry about how unfair it was for them to do that.. To PUT THEM BACK or they are not playing or buying the game anymore" when we've been doing that since CTF was removed! I know someone will always be upset about changes but I refuse to believe that they would deny us a game mode, which was there when we purchased the game, for the remainder of the year.Tons of us have provided feedback asking for its return. Many disscussions have been started about it since April 10th. Here is just one example. The link below had over 27,000 views and 23 pages of replies.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200663263?start=0&tstart=0

The developers are listening or they wouldn't have started rotating game modes to begin with. If Arms Race and the DLC playlist are getting ready to be removed then I would like the devs to consider a new solution when making the changes.

Level 5

Studios