Dead Silence countering Awareness?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Dead Silence countering Awareness?

I am curious about this...

Dead Silence-move silently. (Completely silent?)

Awareness-enemy movements are easier to hear.

I really don't wan't this game to end up like MW3, with that Sitrep Pro Patch.

Level 47
113 REPLIES

Re: Dead Silence countering Awareness?

in reply to iivrruummii

if it doesnt end up like how Sitrep Pro was supposed to be in the first place, then what would counter dead silence?

they are trying to make it so most of the perks are balanced with countering each other. if you take out awareness then there would be nothing to counter dead silence.

Level 37

in reply to KT Phoenix

Do you not know the difference between MW2 and MW3 with the 2 perks Sitrep Pro and Ninja/Dead Silence.  MW2 had it right, as for MW3, that was a complete joke.  But lets talk about BO2 since we are in the BO2 forums.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

first off, YOU brought up a different game, not me.

second, i dont care what happened in those games. that is actually irrelavent. what you are talking about it somthing to counter DS and you are hoping it is not like MW3 where our enemy can hear us. and my point is that if there is no perk to counter dead silence (regardless of whether or not it is Sitrep) then where would balancing come in?

Level 37

in reply to KT Phoenix

I brought it up as a referance and it was in my last sentance in my post.  It looks like you completely ignored everything else and just started attacking my Sitrep Pro referance.  Ignore much?

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

i did reference the rest of your post. do you not know how to read numbered lists? you said i ignored it but i explained myself in number 2. talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Level 37

in reply to KT Phoenix

Another thing...who says that everything has to have a counter...HUH?  Stalker didn't have a counter, Steady Aim didn't have a counter, Quickdraw didn't have a counter, Hardline didn't have a counter, etc. 

Awareness makes your enemy's movements louder.

Dead Silence makes you move silently.

Does "silently" mean that you are completely silent or just somewhat silent?

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Please tell me what could they possibly put in to counter those mentioned perks..

In my opinion those perks effect your guns and there shouldn't be a counter for gun related perks.

Dead Silence and the other powerful perks in the game need a counter to keep the game balanced.

Level 18

in reply to zachdavis11

You couldn't be more wrong movement perks also don't have counters. Deadsilence is a movement perk if you don't move it's useless and therefore doesn't need a counter. Now quit bitching about our bitching because if it was the other way you would whine that you spent all the money on headset for nothing, well I got news for you I bought XP500 and I think the game would be better if deadsilence beat SitRep or Awareness

Level 1

in reply to zachdavis11

So if an entire team camps and has Turtle Beach sets on, then they can hear everyone approaching before they see them. How do you figure this is balance? The YouTube stooges will watch videos and camp in semi-impossible to counter spots just listening. I already feel camping is going to be a huge issue in this game anyway. They tied streaks to life length which leads to camping.

They should have made all killstreaks based on kills regardless of deaths, Just like Support streaks in MW3. This way aggression and not camping is rewarded. This is where COD3 had it right. As the game went on and you got more kills you received more equipment and ammo. This led to more powerful standing for you as the game wore on.

Level 12

Studios