Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

Hey all,

So this is the first COD title I've decided to go "max prestige" and I'm regretting it.

The last few months of BO2 is in lobbies where players are continuously backing out or whenever they see a Prestige Master, they suddenly get scared at the sight of a player who reached master prestige.

I don't consider myself by all means a great player however the reaction I get by other players that my rank makes me a good player. Personally, rank means nothing when it comes to determining the skill of the player.

The only reason why I decided to go "max prestige" is because the unlock/levelling system puts you in a position to keep prestiging considering that you don't get access to all weapons, attachments etc once you reach Prestige Master. In past COD titles, I didn't have to go all the way to get all custom classes and get all weapons/attachments etc  which I do prefer over BO2's prestige system.

I'm considering resetting my stats because I'm getting tired of other players backing out due to a silly emblem but at the same time, I really don't want to lose all the work I've done on my diamond AR, SMGs and Shotguns.

So my question to you is "Do you fear Prestige Masters?" and if you are a Prestige Master, do you get the same reactions from other players?

Level 51
59 REPLIES

Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

in reply to vims2011

I certainly don't...Sure, it possibly means they've had more game time but not necessarily meaning their a better player. I've encountered great masters and some terrible ones too.

It's a shame you feel as though you need to reset to stop folk backing out...I actually blame the easiness of viewing others stats...They take a look, fill their pants and exit the lobby.

Level 18

in reply to HighlandSparky

highlandsparky wrote:

It's a shame you feel as though you need to reset to stop folk backing out...I actually blame the easiness of viewing others stats...They take a look, fill their pants and exit the lobby.

Agreed. Stats compound on your rank given that players get so intimidated by it . I wish stats weren't easily accessible in the lobby screen.

As much as I like looking at my progress with certain weapons etc, I'd rather other opposing players NOT get intimidated by my stats.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

Agreed. Stats compound on your rank given that players get so intimidated by it . I wish stats weren't easily accessible in the lobby screen.

They certainly do, some players just aren't up for the challenge of playing good players, because they don't want their own stats damaged.. I often check the lobby leaderboard before a match, just to see who to look out for but I'll not be disappearing.

I've had games where I've been frustrated by better players but I've often dished it out as well....Stats have no bearing on anyone's day to day life.

I would like to see the devs release some info with regards to the average CoD Players statistics, then people may realise they don't need to be as good as they think they should be.

Level 18

in reply to vims2011

Nope.

Prestige level - Amount of time played. Nothing else, nothing more.

Level 7

in reply to hostagek1ll3r

hostagek1ll3r wrote:

Nope.

Prestige level - Amount of time played. Nothing else, nothing more.

Not necessarily...There's plenty of people that stop at 55 or 1st 55 that could have more hours played.

Level 18

in reply to vims2011

I would choose a fresh start just to start clean..

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:

I would choose a fresh start just to start clean..

It may seem easy to do but for me it isn't when I've spent a good amount of time doing the various camo challenges to earn some "bling" on my weapons. It's only been over a month since earning diamond camo on my shotguns and despite the pain of getting one shot kills with the S12 and M1216, it'll be a waste if I simply reset despite the frustration of earning diamond camo.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

I wouldn't bother resetting.  There's no way I'd reset and I only have diamond LMGs and sniper rifles.  I might not have touched the SVU had it not been for the bling due to its poor body multipliers, plus doing no perks and no attachments with sniper rifles is annoying.

Level 31

in reply to vims2011

Nope.  Problem is that Prestige Masters have everything unlocked so that's balance out of the window right there.

Level 31

Studios