Does Treyarch have any intentions to acknowledge and address the lag issues?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Does Treyarch have any intentions to acknowledge and address the lag issues?

Im so tired of Treyarch acting like this game is FLAWLESS. They put out a DLC before they do anything about the lag. Seriously? We pay good money for a "finished product" How is this game nearly 3 months old and it still feels as flawed as when i purchased it?

Level 1
51 REPLIES

Re: Does Treyarch have any intentions to acknowledge and address the lag issues?

in reply to THECRUSHER11

They can't do anything about lag. They can't fix the Internet...

Level 43

Re: Does Treyarch have any intentions to acknowledge and address the lag issues?

in reply to Rednecksniper39

ok i may have misdirected my arguement. HOWEVER; the point is the things that depend on connection in a video game are recieving no support. i.e. hit detection, lag comp, and potetntially more.

Level 1

in reply to Rednecksniper39

If only they had people on the team that can defy the internet!  Like those guys that made CoD4.  Or even John "thedick" Carmack.

Level 17

in reply to THECRUSHER11

Probs not. They can easily do what DICE do for Battlefield 3 and that is run the servers themselfs rather than have ingame hosts. That means the better your host is the less lag you'll have rather than going off someone elses host who probably doesn't have a router/modern that is capable to have up to 18 people connect to it. Thats the solution but it costs money and that is why they won't do it.

Level 2

in reply to xRabid45Kx

Gears of war has them and it make no where near the money COD does.   And there still is occasional lag in game play. 

Level 6

in reply to jaysonsp

Gears also has a far smaller playerbase. BF3 is a PC game, their dedicated servers for xbox failed miserably and were scrapped by January. They outsourced them and saw a dramatic dropoff in their console playerbase as well. The amount of money it would cost to host enough servers for the COD playerbase is astronomical and makes absolutely no business sense for a series that sees 1 game a year. Its not greed, its economics. Easy economics at that.

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

Good point.  I do not know much about the dedicated servers other than I have played games on them and do not notice much of a difference.   I figure any online game will have some issues regardless of servers.

Level 6

in reply to xRabid45Kx

I play bf3 lag between dedis and me is worse than BO2.  Dedis - no thanks.

Level 44

in reply to THECRUSHER11

Because they made dedicated servers a "PC only" option. It sucks, but that's what happens when the game's development team is cheap.

Level 1

Studios