Does anyone have att uverse fiber optic internet? I dont like time warner.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Does anyone have att uverse fiber optic internet? I dont like time warner.

I swear time warner cable sucks but it is the best we have in the area right now far as cable 50 down 5 up but ATT Uverse is in my area and the guy told me that it is a fiber optic 2 way line that is way better than a cable line which only goes 1 way and that ATT Uverse is a dedicated line and not shared by neighbors.

Does anyone use ATT Uverse fiber optic internet? How is it on black ops 2?

Level 4
10 REPLIES

Re: Does anyone have att uverse fiber optic internet? I dont like time warner.

in reply to sTReeTMaRiNee

Don't get Uverse!!!!!!!  You can't play BLK OPS 2 or a lot of other games on the PS3 no matter what internet speeds you order. The security prevents you from joining game lobbies (AKA playing unless you are ONLY going to join a game your friend is hosting). NAT does not set to "open". I've had Uverse for less than a week and it's been a total nightmare.

Level 1

in reply to RiahAmber

RiahAmber wrote:

Don't get Uverse!!!!!!!  You can't play BLK OPS 2 or a lot of other games on the PS3 no matter what internet speeds you order. The security prevents you from joining game lobbies (AKA playing unless you are ONLY going to join a game your friend is hosting). NAT does not set to "open". I've had Uverse for less than a week and it's been a total nightmare.

have you opened the ports?

Level 45

Once the line reaches a "hub" (usually 50 feet from the house) you share the same connection.

Trust me dont EVER get Uverse.

According to Uverse webpage the maximum theu have is 6 mbps up to 24. (24 mbps is only in a package I think that starts at 140 dollars for that speed) TW roadrunner has at LEAST up to 50 mbps with only internet for 75 dollars.

Plus ATT has a cap which you will probably fill in a month just playing the game if I remember correctly

then why you are watching TV your internet speed decreases by about 50 percent.

AT&T U-verse vs Time Warner Cable » Digital Landing.

Level 72

I have TWC in Brooklyn NY. 30 down 5 up. I can't complain at all about the internet service. More than enough for 2 laptops, 2 ipads and fine for everything through Xbox Live.

I found myself being chose as host a whole lot from Nov-June on BO2.

Besides internet, TWC drives me batty. Always one of the last providers for apps like HBO GO. Still don't have Showtime Anytime. The guide is always wrong. Then the whole blackout crap with CBS and Showtime.

My only other option is Dish. No Verizon or other providers in my area.

To be honest, never heard of Uverse.

Level 23
Highlighted

I don't know where the other people that have responded get their information, but there is no issues with "security" or anything else within AT&T network that prevents xbox or play station from online play.....each uverse connection is bundled at the nearest VSLAM box and placed on a high speed transport fiber back to the nearest Uverse access point.....the short comings of the Uverse system is their 2-wire RG (residential gateway).....most of the time port forwarding is required to allow a game console to bypass the Uverse firewall....no big deal....

as far as the uverse fiber...don't have access to it yet, but when I do, I will convert ASAP.....

Again, please disregard any info with regards to Uverse not being able to support online gaming....2 years here, open NAT and can carry a full game lobby on black ops 2 all the time...

Hope this helps

Level 5

I also have Uverse, have had it for a few years now. It's not fiber optic or that isn't available in my area anyway. I've never had an issue connecting to games, open the ports and you'll be fine.

There is 250GB/month data cap, they offer upto 45mbps for less than $70/month.

I've been happy with it, never hit the data cap.

Level 15

Never believe anything ATT tells you. Trust me, I work in Telecom.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Worked for ATT in the helpdesk area for a month as extra money.

got really tired of telling all the customers to "piss off" while having a smile on my face. This was at the time UVerse started.

Level 72

I had U-verse for a couple of years with no problems but switched to TWC because I was infatuated with the better throughput speeds of cable.  TWC worked okay for a while, but the last 7 months of my contract completely sucked.  I consistently had connection and lag issues when gaming, and I rarely could stream HD movies or shows via Vudu or Hulu because of bandwidth errors (even though I was paying for "up to 30 Mbps").  After 6 tech support visits to my house during the last 5 months of my contract - none of which improved the situation - I switched back to U-verse a little over 5 months ago and have had virtually no problems with gaming and exactly 0 problems when streaming.  Of course, YMMV.

Level 1

Studios