Favorite LMG optic

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Favorite LMG optic

I know there are a ton of sights available in this game. I was just wondering what everybody's favorite optic for an LMG build is.  Is it better to go with aiming assist or just use the iron sights to save the pick 10 slot?  Let me know what your favorite is.

Level 10
35 REPLIES

Re: Favorite LMG optic

in reply to darkrangeresp

Well if you ask any noob, they would say target finder. It's what half the kids with no skill use in this game.

Level 4

in reply to TheKiNGBowDown

TheKiNGBowDown wrote:

Well if you ask any noob, they would say target finder. It's what half the kids with no skill use in this game.

and the other half complains about what the others are doing...

my favorite sight is the iron sights. they are wonderful in this game. why waste a point on an attachment when the Iron sights are so nice?

Level 45

You play BO2 without Toughness and aim assist?

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Yeah actually I don't play with either. Aim assist gets me killed a lot from being pulled sometimes in the wrong direction. I stopped using it in mw3. Toughness is useless also for me.

Level 4

TheKiNGBowDown wrote:

Yeah actually I don't play with either. Aim assist gets me killed a lot from being pulled sometimes in the wrong direction. I stopped using it in mw3. Toughness is useless also for me.

how is toughness useless? i have it on all me classes. cant stand dieing due to flinch

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

If he's telling the truth then he plays hardcore, in which case it doesn't count.  Or he uses shotguns in core.  That also doesn't count.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

No I play core Im just able to get more headshors without when I aim at their chest because it causes your gun to move up. Its just my preference something else can work for you I wasn't trying to attack toughness as a whole I meant its useless for me.

Level 4

Fair enough.  I've gone without Toughness during the weapon challenges as I go without perks and attachments in one go.  I seem to remember it being a bit of a chore but I probably only remember that because it was against good players and I wasn't being selective in my gunfights.  Got a few headshots without using Toughness that I think made me win gunfights that I might have otherwise lost than if I had Toughness on.

Level 31

Target Finder doen't help a bit with rushers running around out in the open. However, it is worth it's weight in gold at pointing out guys hiding waiting for someone to walk by, Snipers peeking out of windows, and camping head glitchers.

Yes, a lot of low skill level players use it on every map to help them identify targets. But, they also use it poorly. I have been easing around a corner only to have them start shooting as soon as they see the corner of the red box, which give me plenty of time to back off and throw concussions and C4 or semtex. They also have a hard time tagging you at distance when you are sprinting across open areas due their poor gun skills.

Good players can clean up with TF, but Dual Band is more my style since I can see exactly where the enemy is instead of a generic box around him.

MK48 with silencer and Dual Band is my anti-sniper platform of choice.

Finally, if 'everyone' is using it, then it makes the Cold Blooded Perk and EMP greandes actually have a little value.

This game is not about running around seeing who has the fastest reflexes with an SMG. It is about figuring out your enemies loadout and tactics and adapting to them.

Level 4

Studios