Handguns are ridiculous in this game

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Handguns are ridiculous in this game

Who thought it was a good idea to have handguns outpower almost every primary in the game?

Level 6
31 REPLIES

Re: Handguns are ridiculous in this game

in reply to hudder92

Errrm... What?

If that was the case why do I still see players using their primary instead of secondry weapons?

Just because you got killed by a guy with a pistol doesn't mean you need to come on the forums and have a cry about it.

Level 11

in reply to Scorr

I do occasionally see people going pistol only and being top of the leaderboards

Most common pistols:

Fives Seven

KAP 40 (duel wield)

Level 7

in reply to Azrael513

Azrael513 wrote:

I do occasionally see people going pistol only and being top of the leaderboards

Most common pistols:

Fives Seven

KAP 40 (duel wield)

Level 11

in reply to Scorr

I don't get killed by that many handguns. But I just happened to notice it. I just bought the game on Wednesday. I ran out of ammo on my primary and switched to the five seven, and everyone I shot at died in two shots or less. I cannot do that with any primary other than shotguns or sniper rifles. And you can actually snipe with the handguns.

Level 6

in reply to hudder92

Handguns are a viable weapon, people need to stop being babies about this topic.

Level 25

in reply to hudder92

The problem is that in past CoD games the handguns have been woefully underpowered.  A .45 round is very powerful, so it makes sense that the Tac-45 is a powerful weapon.  The KAP-40 is very good in its own right, but is it really that much different than the G18 from MW2?  It only hold 15 rounds in a magazine, how could it be OP?

Level 1

in reply to HelloBrain

It's not the power that I have a problem with, it's their speed.  So basically combining the speed, mobility, power, and accuracy in the hands of a good player, it can be quite OP.   This is the first CoD I felt like they're a bit too strong.

Level 4

in reply to HelloBrain

You are right the .45 IS a powerful round. What you are missing is the problem of their long range accuracy. You can literally put a red dot sight on ANY pistol and snipe with it. Go to a shoting range and TRY to hit a human target from farther that 100 yards out WITH PINPOINT ACCURACY with a .45. You would be LUCKY to land 1-2 bullets from a 15 round magazine.

The problem lies not within the power of the gun, as like you stated, they SHOULD be a viable weapon. The damage drop off from distance needs to be tweaked to where it takes more than TWO bullets from the pistols to kill at any range (barring the executioner). Tell me WHY a sniper rifle with a .50 round and higher impact effeciency and velocity should do the EXACT same damage as a pistol fired from the same distance.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Every gun in Call of Duty is like that.

Level 3

Studios