I thought flak jacket was supposed to decrease explosive damage taken?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

I thought flak jacket was supposed to decrease explosive damage taken?

Does anyone have any idea why or how i was kill by a claymore that i shot from a good 10 ft away, with Flak Jacket on? Any info on how the hell this works would be much appreciated

Level 6
19 REPLIES

Re: I thought flak jacket was supposed to decrease explosive damage taken?

in reply to randomchicken01

you must have gotten shot in the back at the exact same time. ive ran through claymores and bettys and survived with full health.

Level 12

in reply to xtour55

the same way that there have been times i will be just sitting there, no air support, no claymores no bettys, no one from the other team anywhere near me and all the sudden i just keel over and die. no replay cam or anything and the feed doesnt say why it happened, just that i died.

its magic.

Level 3

in reply to Harbingerofdoom1

Your character might have had an Anurisum lmfao!

Level 2

in reply to xtour55

I went in theatre mode and that aint what happened, and it couldn't anyway coz i was backed up against a wall in the boiler room on Hijacked on S&D, i noticed the Claymore, shot it, and the only other people alive on the other team were upstairs so... idk :/

Level 6

I noticed that I died from a few claymores yesterday while using flak jacket, also from nearby semtex and a SMAW.  Now the SMAW hit right at my feet, so I'll take that, but I'm pretty sure I should have survived the semtex and claymores.  Was it secretly nerfed recently?

Level 29

Flak jacket protects you from ENEMY explosives, not your OWN explosives. Whenever you shoot and destroy an enemy explosive it becomes YOUR explosive device and thus, FJ does NOT protect you from it. You will notice the same effects if you shoot a C4 (assisted suicide to the thrower) or if you shoot an RC-XD car. Your best option is to avoid them or ensure you are clear of the blast radius of the device before destroying it with a gunshot.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

Aah, thank you very much mate, that explains it, cheers

Level 6

I believe claymores are 200% damage up to 50% of their 22 foot range therefore if you were 10 ft away you will still get 200 damage.  Flak jacket decreases explosive damage by 65% so you would still recieve 130 damage.  Try engineer as it works much better by delaying the explosive and you can run right through it.

Level 12

in reply to riksterinto

I am not sure that I agree with that, as I play HC exclusively and have been hit by claymores with flakjacket on and didn't die. I did get the bloodied screen, but was able to keep going on. In HC you have only 30% health, so I am pretty sure that your idea isn't right.

Level 3

Studios