Is it me or are all the maps pretty much the same??

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Is it me or are all the maps pretty much the same??

Seriously.  Every map seems to have 3 basic routes. Two outer routes that circle around the map and a center route that shoots right through the middle.

Anyone see this trend?

Level 25
11 REPLIES

Re: Is it me or are all the maps pretty much the same??

in reply to asianman12

im still wondering if they fired the original map designers from the first game, and the poor hit detection.

Level 18

in reply to asianman12

Correct diffs in the verticality, short cuts, ambush points and sight lines. There are some lovery sight lines on these maps.

Level 44

in reply to asianman12

Yep came into the forums again to see if I could find a thread about this very thing. Three channels and a rise or building in the middle to obscure line of sight.
Aftermath
Hijacked
Meltdown
Overflow
Plaza
Raid
Slums
And Yemen to a degree

All follow this rule.

And I'm convinced this contributes to me getting knifed in the back after every kill I get other than simply erratic spawn flips.

Cargo, Carrier, Drone and Standoff are quickly becoming my favorite maps because they shy away from this arrangement a little more.

Screw Express though ugh I hate that map with a passion.

Level 5

in reply to sixthsamurai

I like the maps. There is only so much you can do with a smaller designed map. You cant have both. Battlefield has huge maps therefore you have plenty of lines of sight, but COD maps all are smaller in size, and either you have buildings for cover or you dont. I mean what else do you think they could do. I can say this much. Compared to MW3 not once have I mistaken a map in BO2 for another map. In MW3 it took me forever to tell the difference between lockdown and resistance. Maybe they should just make maps that have no design and no buildings, nothing in them but space so you can see everyone you are against.

Level 9

in reply to openrangeonuall1

Ah not so much no but some variety to the maps would be nice I think. Like in BO1 there was Array, WMD and Zoo which afforded snipers and mid to long range fighters ample open ground. Then there were the smaller maps like Summit, Firing Range and of course Nuke Town which catered to a more close range style.
Here in BO2 it's a bit more close quaters with very few long sight lines that are easily avoided by the SMG runners.

Level 5

in reply to sixthsamurai

Good post, yes express is my least favourite. Can't  put my finger on why.

Saw one guy own the map using Betty's and shocks to control the eastern station side stair well. He was a devil with a shottie.

I can rack up on expess in KC using this tactic with and smg but it feels a little cheap. Oh well.........suppose I'm  just an old kill whore sometimes. ;(

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

I also have no reason I can express to hate...Express. Strange...

Level 5

in reply to asianman12

yep . no variety. WAW had the best treyarch ,maps. seriously! for all players. like this one specific map i forgot what it was. it had a big dome in the middle where some fights went on,buildings on the sides and destoyed rubble where most smg fights would go on ,and a high tower for snipers. camping maps. which weren't all that bad for run in gunners. they were great! dome,castle, cliffside. then black ops 1's dlc maps,black ops 2 regular maps.. crap.

Level 5

in reply to asianman12

I'm glad that I am not the only one that sees that these maps are pretty much all the same except for a select few. 

Level 25

Studios