Is the millimeter scanner useless?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Is the millimeter scanner useless?

I think it needs a little, not too much, faster sweep. it kinda sucks when it changes the pace of your game. i know it's used in a lot of SnD & HC types. if that was its intended purpose for those gametypes.

Level 3
31 REPLIES

Re: Is the millimeter scanner useless?

in reply to BaNgKoKBoMmBeR

in domination:

step 1. throw smoke on B flag.

step 2. run into smoke to cap B flag.

step 3. use mms to see through smoke and get capture kills.

Level 4

in reply to flyinbobsaget

i can see where that would work in certain situations. i've played all gametypes core & HC and it just seems like no one uses it. it's just an unpopular attachment. it's be nice to see it's uses applied to something thats not as situational as this.

Level 3

I have seen a lot more people using it with the DLC.. In Hydro and Grind I have popped a lot of people with it who are just sitting in a corner. The previous maps just whern't really good for it.

Level 5

in reply to flyinbobsaget

Dual band is better for smoke.

Level 12

in reply to pfcsmooth

dualband doesn't highlight cold blooded through smoke, MMS does but it sweeps and isn't constant.

if you wanna make the most out of MMS then play only highjacked like the entire community or spam the hell out of smoke grenades

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

Cold blooded wasn't supposed to be picked up by the MMS, am I wrong? It says in the discription anyways.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 9

There comes a point after playing COD for so long that you realize any addition sights for guns are useless. Honestly, there are a few guns that the  additional sights are actually better for aiming to some extent.

Level 7

in reply to killabig

Well put...agree....irons if clean.....basic glass if not......eyes are OP lol

Level 44

I have around 1000 or so kills with the MMS, and I have found that for my play style that while I DID get a few wallbang kills, the real benefit was being able to see if someone is camping in a building without needing to check every corner when entering a building, definitely not a worthless attachment, but there are usually better options.

I think we would see more use of the MMS if it was available to Light Machine Guns, which in my opinion are the guns it is most suited to.

Level 3

Studios