KSG- What the hell is wrong with this thing

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: KSG- What the hell is wrong with this thing

in reply to CowboySr

every single shot precision weapon is like this in a CoD game, just lag issues and the fact you can't spam the shit out of it.

besides from Mw3 and snipers of course

Level 18

in reply to CowboySr

I agree with trialstardragon, you are missing your shots mostly due to data packet latency and poor connection(probably not your own, but the host's).

The KSG is a super badass weapon, it's just a bit difficult to use.

Level 4

in reply to rockypeters

Why dont I have the hit missing with all of the shotguns or the one shot snipers then?

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

different gun, different match, different connection, different result.

I have had the ksg work like a beast and have it fail. I have had the svu be dead on every shot and then have it miss a 5 food held breath head shot where the player was not or barely moving on my screen.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Assuming it shoots a slug, why does it miss so much and get no hit marker at all while ADS and It doesnt happen with snipers at all. If its a matter of someone moving like suggested and then theyre gone I should be missing with snipers too.  This isnt the case though. This thing flat out misses  over and over again from 1-15 feet ADSing.      

Im not gonna get into lag comp, Im talking about shooting people in the back 3-4 times and getting nothing. I wont even try to break apart why it doesnt kill first in CQ 1v1 because of lag. Im talking about pointblank no hits in the back over and over!

I would have given up on it a long time ago if It wasnt for the damn diamond armor thingy. 

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

latency, lag, hit detection. you aimed at a spot where the player was actually not acording to the host.

it is sort of like how the pumps did in mw3 where they could miss for the same reasons which lead to lots of people crying they were too weak.

When the gun works and is in a good lobby that thing kills faster and easier then the snipers, when in a bad lobby, it is worse than the grenades of mw3 where even droping one at someones feet would not always kill them.

makes the game frustating with some guns yes. I do agree. which is why I tend to use the ones I know and understand how they work, like the lmgs, and the snipers and some ars.

Not a fan of sg's but not a hater either. when a sg user gets a kill on me they earned it fair and square if they got that close to kill me, especially if I was using a lmg or sniper.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

^ Dude's right. Also, the slug's trajectory is not always directly forward from the player. The trajectory is likely to be calculated based on a cone raycast. The point of the cone would be located at the end of the barrel and the wide end is placed outward from the barrel opening. The wide end would be determined by the weapon's accuracy level(The more accurate the weapon, the smaller the wide end). Then a random trajectory can be calculated using the cone concept to hold a specific level of accuracy. This is just one idea as to how Treyarch may have created their firing accuracy setup, there are many different ways to do this.

That sounded good in my head, I hope it gives you an idea as to how this works.

P.S. There are levels to the firing accuracy as well; moving, still, and ADS. Moving accuracy is based on movement speed.

Level 4

in reply to CowboySr

I'm stuck at 5 bloodthirsty medals off getting the KSG gold, done all the other challanges. Found it's very reliable if I quick ADS with it, don't think I've had a single hip fire kill with it yet but played against a guy yesterday who hit me first time from different distances with hip fire shots. Wish I could pull them off.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Yes! I quick ADS too, it seems to be the best method for me.

Level 4

in reply to CowboySr

This gun is great. Stop thinking it's a freaking AR. Its still a shotgun even tho it shoots a slug. So try just pulling up on him and shooting. I have fun with this gun because of its 1 hit kill range.

BuX
Level 6

Studios