KSG- What the hell is wrong with this thing

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: KSG- What the hell is wrong with this thing

in reply to the_fallen_pari

I did, and it worked phenominally.

It was like the Model 1887's or the Spas-12 from MW2, it was that great! I had a smile on my face as I showed him the wrecking power of this gun.

I think it's just your aim in Combat Training.. works better with a RDS.

Level 12

in reply to rsjc741

I have used it quite a bit, and honestly, it's inconsistent as hell.I even sniped with this gun at some points, and then point blank shots would not get a single hit marker. It was a highly aggravating experience to say the least.

Level 18

in reply to rsjc741

I haven't tried it with RDS played with it a couple of games then scrapped the custom class and no it's not my aim.

Level 9

in reply to rsjc741

Sorry for the multipost.

Message was edited by: the_fallen_pariah

Level 9

in reply to CowboySr

I had the same problems. It's all lag comp. I got it gold a few days ago, and noticed that some games I couldn't hit someone standing still, point blank, with 3 shots. But some games I would massacre with it. Using the Long Barrel and Red Dot helps.

Level 22

in reply to CowboySr

Seeing a lot of talk about connectivity effecting this gun, which may be true to some extent... but I think there is more to it than that.

I am not much of a shotgun guy, admittedly. Never use them in pub lobbies unless I am just messing about. I tend to play Custom Games when nobody is on or I am too tired or not in the mood to play Pub games. Watched a video from Hutch the other day praising the KSG, so I thought I would give it a run in Custom Games just to see what it is all about. I usually just play HC TDM 1v 9 against the Bots on Recruit or Regular(Not playing for the challenge necessarily, usually just to test setups and learn maps. Step it up if I am looking for a challenge.)

I equipped the KSG with laser sight and made several observations during the match. It just seemed to me to be a very schizophrenic weapon. There were times when I would ADS and get kills at a fairly long range, and then others when the Bot would just stare at me before shooting me down. The hip fire on the KSG is poor by design, but even with the laser sight it is iffy at best. Had moments when I ran over hoards of bots, and then others when it appeared I was right on target with the laser only to miss. So it really isn't just the lag or latency, it truly is an inconsistent weapon. Granted I haven't used it a lot, but just as a casual observer that is what I noticed.

The Remington 870 is much more efficient. The range seems to be comparable, it reloads quicker, and is much more reliable  when hip fired.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

^ word. It is designed to be a bad hipfire weapon. Awesome gun though.

I am curious, is everyone under the impression that the laser is showing the actual location that the shot will travel to? This is not the case. The attachment increases accuracy, but the laser itself is for show. Don't forget that your opponents can see it.

Level 4

in reply to rockypeters

I have never been a fan of hip fire in FPS games, so I don't do it often, and therefore don't use the laser much. I don't use it to aim, I play HC modes so I just aim the gun at the chest when hip firing. I agree, the laser isn't necessarily 100%, but the attachment definitely makes hip fire effective. I have watched teammates who never ADS... it makes me shake my head that they are winning battles.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to CowboySr

you know it fires a slug right? not a spread of pellets.

Level 1

in reply to mrRussellx

Here's a video showing the issues with the KSG
.  It has nothing to do with lag or lag comp, the weapon is broken right now.

Level 2

Studios