League Play - Epic Fail?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

League Play - Epic Fail?

I can't help but notice that every time I check the League Play playlist, there's  barely 1000 players and they are shared across three playlists.  Does anyone else think that they should ditch this altogether and put in some modes that people might actually want to play?  Your thoughts?

Level 29
33 REPLIES

Re: League Play - Epic Fail?

in reply to WKMMS

They need to offer more incentive to get more people to play it. Maybe a quad XP that counts towards multiplayer may help. How does a Nuketown 24/7 TDM on league sound?

Level 35

in reply to WKMMS

Me and my friend were talking about this the other day. It seems stupid because the very small amount of people that play league makes it take forever to actually find a game when we try and even after being ranked the games never changed. It was still just people from all different rankings and most of the time we just get dominated. The only reason we even tried it was for the stupid achievment and we got thru the 5 ranking games winning only one and that was when the opposite team all quit except for 2 people. It is just a stupid idea, its not popular, and the people on it can brag I guess about being the top in their leauge, but when there is really only 1000 people in the whole playlist what does that even mean? We gave up on it, it is sad because if it was more popular you would have more even games and be able to find games quicker but the way it is now I just see it as a waste of space on my screen.

Level 2

in reply to WKMMS

It is not going anywhere any time soon in this game no matter what anyone says, no matter how many threads say it is a waste of time, no matter how many people think and say it suck. It was Vahns brainchild and part of his driving force for how the game plays this time around. So they will not remove it just because a few people do not like it.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Pretty broad definition of "few"

200,000 people online

100 people on league play

.5% of the online population playing that game mode means there is 0 reason to keep it, hell sabotage had more people in it in previous games.

Level 21

in reply to fantasmo

It does not matter, it was part of the driving force for vahn in how and why he wanted this game created and the other features that go with it like live steaming and cod casting. it is not going anywhere. they will not be removing it from this game, no matter how many people like you do not like it. It would have to have nearly empty playlists and by that I mean less than 200 players a list before they would even consider doing anything about it.

Level 70

The point of creating any service or product is gearing it towards what the majority of the customers want. His brain child or not; a humongous majority of the player base could care less about it and it is waste of space, time, and effort.

Level 7

in reply to ShaneDog1

he does not have to care if you do not like it. He is the lead developer for the game. So he has the final say, not you or anyone else. So no matter how many people like you complain about it, it is not going anywhere in this game.

Level 70

No where in my post did I complain. I was stating FACTS.

Facts about how you run a business/company and facts about the current status regarding League Play. Without MAJOR changes to the way League Play is operated and performs it is never going to gain steam. Being a developer does not mean squat. If he is out of touch with the majority of the player base it makes him look worse rather than better.

Level 7

in reply to WKMMS

1. Takes forever to find a match.

2. Too many people camping.

3. Too many people camping.

4. Too many people camping.

5. Game Crashes/Host leaves.

6. Repeat.

Level 1

Studios