League play host booter screwed up my internet for hours!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

League play host booter screwed up my internet for hours!

So in a hardpoint league play game we were up 215-40 and one of our players timed out then another and all that was left was another teammate and I. So here comes my turn to get host booted. I start lagging and my teammate and I are holding down the hardpoint 2 vs 4. then as the score goes 247-65, the connection interrupted graphic pops up and stays permanently until I am kicked when all we needed was 3 more seconds for the victory!

Well I am obviously pissed but shrug it off because its happened about a dozen times to me this season. This time I cannot reconnect for 3 hours after this occured. After trying everything I can think of to resolve this(im not very tech savvy)I call the tech support for my router and they said I received a huge overload through my router at the same time I was kicked from my league match.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this?!

Level 1
14 REPLIES

Re: League play host booter screwed up my internet for hours!

in reply to jruck504

It's a common thing in competitive playlists/competitive games. Happens to everyone at least once, haha. Best thing to do when you get hit if you still experience downtimes in speed is just to restart/reset your router.

Level 1

in reply to WiZaRd_Robbyy

Ive been hit off line plenty of times but this time I couldnt get back on after multiple attempts of restarting or resetting my router.

Level 1

in reply to jruck504

All you can do is contact your ISP and report the guy . Microsoft and Activision cannot do nothing.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

He can also Reset his Modem if he has a dynamic IP, All you'd have to do is unplug your modem and your router and leave it like that for at least 10 Hours your modem should reset itself and acquire a new IP.

Level 16

in reply to Firesens

This usually works.  What can be faster is (if you can do it):

- perform a DHCP release on the router

- change the MAC of the router (e.g. mimic the address of another device on the network, or change the last Hexit (slightly made up word to indicate the last hex digit)

- perform a DHCP renew on the router

Unless there is a MAC conflict, you will immediately get another IP.

Not saying it is the best solution, but it is immediate and works.  If you have a device directly connected to the net, then yes keeping everything unplugged for awhile should work (10 hours is a bit excessive)

Activision Ambassador

in reply to jruck504

I like to run with this AV called comodo and set it to the highest security setting and that way, it needs my permission to allow any incoming or outgoing connections.

Level 14

in reply to jruck504

The details you described could also indicate the server went down for a while. 

Level 40

in reply to jruck504

Host booting is making league play unplayable. Seems like everyone is doing it now !

I am downloading comodo firewall now...hopefully this helps

Level 1

in reply to jruck504

If you need help setting up to maximum security, just inbox me.

Level 14

Studios