Matchmaking is still god awful

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Matchmaking is still god awful

Well I quit BO2 for a while because of how long it takes to start a game, I come back on for a little while and it took longer to find a match than the actual game time was. So then I decide to put the old MW3 disc in and try a game, and guess what? Instant matches. Seriously. What the hell Treyarch? How has it not been fixed? Stop nerfing/buffing guns and fix the damn matchmaking!

And yes, I have a season pass which is probably the reason, in which case Treyarch needs to add the option to disable dlc.

Yes, I know there are many threads on this already, but I don't feel like necroing. :]

Level 3
28 REPLIES

Re: Matchmaking is still god awful

in reply to SlyFire01

i feel your pain, the lobbys seem to take ages to start up always putting people on different teams then if one guy backs out it resets full lobby, ive been waiting like 5mins for a game before and then within 2 min of the game starting the host backed out and the game lagged out.

Level 8

in reply to rsturp

its not people quitting out of the lobby....its the matchmaking trying to make it more fair...not that it works in the first place...most of my matches are vs peeps with spm: 100 in tdm with .69 kds....im 2.42 in team deathmatch lol

Level 11

in reply to veilofmaya

The problem is that people come in full parties and lock down one team, then the other team gets filled with randoms. Parties of 3 or more should HAVE to play with other parties.

Level 6

in reply to SlyFire01

Matchmaking is broken !!!

If i try to find a game on my own with no party i get into a lobby right away. It usually throws me into a game that is already started though. Sometimes i get lucky but the point is i get put into games quickly. Now if i add just 1 person to my party and try to play with a friend and then do a search for the same game type it can sit there and just analyze for minutes. I have waited 5-10 minutes at times to get into a game when with a party. Its ridiculous...

Can anyone out there explain why it takes so long to find a game when you are grouped up as opposed to being alone? even if its just with 1 other person and a bunch of lobbies are open and have plenty of slots available but it still wont put me in those games. I know this because ive tested it out , i would party up try to find a game let it sit there for 3-5 min and then back out disband the party and try to find a game solo and it throws me right into one and there are like 4-5 more spots open... Freaking retarded...

Level 6

in reply to SlyFire01

Yeah, we don't even play with the DLC enabled and it still takes quite some time to get a game going.  All of us have had the same experience, when playing solo = quick game, when playing partied up = really slow times finding games.

At this point the devs have to be aware of the issue and are either trying to fix it, can't fix it or are writing off the game.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

Yeah and when you party up and finally find a game ... It lags to shit ...  Whacky

Level 6

in reply to SlyFire01

What I have found works for me, and this works when I have a party of 3 or more, is start searching. If the game searching text starts saying searching for game 1 of 50 or whatever, I back out and start again. If you do that about 3 or 4 times you will get one that searches 1 of 15 or some low number like that. It works, I get party lead every time because my friends dont want to spend the time doing all of that. Its literally hitting the A button a few times to search for your game. If the count says 50 hit B, bring party, then spam A again until you either see 1 of 15 or 1 of 50, then either wait or hit B and rinse and repeate. I find games with parties of up to 6 in like 30-60 seconds doing this. Hopefully this helps at least a bit

Level 10

in reply to robrod

Oh and I have video of my clan and I in a lobby that tarts out for about 3 minutes while people join then leave. I would put it on the internet to show people, but I know everyone has experienced it so I decided not to waste peoples time by trying to shove it down their throat. But yea this is annoying

Level 10

in reply to SlyFire01

Matchmaking is fine...it gives us the opportunity to sit in a pregame lobby with 11 players for about 20 minutes and be able to talk about stuff instead of actually playing the game.

Level 33

Studios