Multiplayer or combat training on release night/day?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Multiplayer or combat training on release night/day?

I plan to get the game at midnight but instead of jumping into multiplayer with friends i think i might do combat training at first. This will help me learn the maps, guns, and get a good feel for how the game plays. Matchmaking is usually a mess on release night anyways.

So the question is what will you do?

Level 16
26 REPLIES

Re: Multiplayer or combat training on release night/day?

in reply to blb128

of COURSE im not palying real modes yet, ill do the boot camp thing and kill bots so I know the maps first.  You see, i doubt kdr will be recorded when facing AI enemies, so boot camp is the perfect incubator for me to learn the good hiding spots and unlock the right weaps

Level 17

in reply to blb128

Going to play the Campaign first, most likely. The Campaign story in Black Ops I was fantastic, and I am curious to see where the story goes. If I wait, too many spoilers will be out there.

Then I will most likely hit up Combat Training and get my bearings in the game before trying live MP.

Sometimes I crack and play a quick match of MP before doing anything else just to see what it is like before delving into SP.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to blb128

Campaign then mp Dom.......damn the botS!

Level 44

in reply to blb128

Combat Training for me. Just to get the feel of how the weapons SHOULD be compared to whatever online lag.

An hour later, multiplayer. I like learning the map as I go.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Straight into mp and then zombies for me.....

Level 2

in reply to blb128

MP straight up, midnight release as there is never another time like it. Its new for you and everyone else you play with.

And what do people mean by playing Combat training first to learn the guns? dont you have to level them up just the same as multiplayer?!?!? unless you play a private match you will still have to level up weapons in CT?!??!?

Ill learn more in 2 hours of MP then you could in 10 hours of CT and thats a fact but each to their own i guess.

I dont see what the big deal is anyway, everyone else thats playing MP will be just as new to it as you are. Thats what makes it the best time.

Level 5

in reply to blb128

I'll play the combat training against bots first, just to get a feeling for the maps, spawning-spots, running/hunting paths and so on. I'm wondering if I can use the unlocked weapons during CT later in the multiplayer-mode? Or is it necessary to unlook those weapons in the MP too? Did someone know this?

Level 1

in reply to Dogano

Any unlocks you get in CT will carry over to MP this time around.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

Only to Lvl 10

Level 1

Studios