My Xbox tipped as i was playing Black Ops 2 and now my game is broken... Does anyone know how to fix it?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

My Xbox tipped as i was playing Black Ops 2 and now my game is broken... Does anyone know how to fix it?

My Xbox tipped as i was playing Black Ops 2 and now my game is broken... It won't start if i am signed in, and if i am not signed in then it will start the game up but i can't skip the intro when the game starts up, the buttons just don't work, and it will always crash at some point in the intro to the game. Does anyone know what's broken about it and how i can fix it or get it fixed? If you do, please please tell me, I'll be very grateful

Level 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: My Xbox tipped as i was playing Black Ops 2 and now my game is broken... Does anyone know how to fix it?

in reply to randomchicken01
Solution
‎31-03-2013 10:24 AM

Most game stores will buff the disk for 2 or 3 bucks. Most video rental stores do it too. You might request for them to run it through 2 cycles through the buffer though.

Level 21
10 REPLIES

Re: My Xbox tipped as i was playing Black Ops 2 and now my game is broken... Does anyone know how to fix it?

If its the Xbox that's broken then you'll need to get a new Xbox which kind of sucks as the 720s out soon Smiley Happy if its the game... scratched ,chipped,laser burn etc there's an address in the instruction book or somewhere on this site where you can send the disk and they will replace it for about a tenner Smiley Happy hope this helps Smiley Wink

Level 8

in reply to Brutalkillshots

Cheers dude this helps a lot

Level 6

Try this...

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Clean-a-CD/

I got a borrow of my brothers MW3 a few days ago and the disk was in an awful state, couldn't install past 12%, done this and to my disbelief it worked like new and installed fully to my harddrive.

Level 11

in reply to CR4IG

Use the toothpaste method.

Level 11

Solution
‎31-03-2013 10:24 AM

Most game stores will buff the disk for 2 or 3 bucks. Most video rental stores do it too. You might request for them to run it through 2 cycles through the buffer though.

Level 21

in reply to Nubdub

Pretty much this

It mightt not work in the future though if it happens again.

Also, keep you console flat from now on.

Level 9

Thanks guys, these suggestions have been really helpful; i ended up taking the game to a video game store where they buffed it for me, and i tried it just now and it was in good working order again. The game crashed once or twice the first times i tried it but now it's running smoothly and without glitches. Thank you all for your help, and if anyone has a similar problem to me (of a perfect circle scratch around the centre of the bottom of the disc) my definite advice would be to go to a video game shop and get it buffed

randomchicken01

Level 6

Install the game on your hard drive so you never have to worry about it again. That's what I did after this same thing happened to me. Laser burn sucks.

Level 1

in reply to glaciermeow

Does that actually seriously work??

Level 6

Studios