My opinion on what should be changed before release

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

My opinion on what should be changed before release

So far from all of the multiplayer footage I would say the following should be changed:

"We have taken the advantage" - Seriously...The "advantage"??? Don't you mean the lead?

(From Dictionary.com: any state, circumstance, opportunity, or means specially favorable to success, interest, or any desired end: the advantage of a good education.

benefit; gain; profit: It will be to his advantage to learn Chinese before going to China.

superiority or ascendancy (often followed by over or of ): His height gave him an advantage over his opponent.

a position of superiority (often followed by over or of ): their advantage in experienced players.)

Sure advantage can mean lead but its a very awkward way to say "lead".

The Sounds...Oh god, the sounds. - It's as if all you did was crunch up some glass and use that or record yourselves kicking a can, like c'mon seriously? (Check the multiplayer videos out currently you'll see what I'm talking about.) Also the gunshots and grenades (when they go off).

Grenade tail trails - Not sure what they're called but that's what I'm calling them. They're the white arc that follows the grenade as it flies towards its destination, it needs to be lighter (in transparency) and shorter.

Hardpoint - Don't you mean headquarters?

(From Wikipedia:

A hardpoint, or weapon station, is any part of an airframe designed to carry an external load. This includes a point on the wing or fuselage of military aircraft where external ordnance, countermeasures, gun pods, targeting pods or drop tanks can be mounted.)

Hunter Killer Drone - or.. Hostile Hunter Killer Drone, too long of a name and kind of awkard to say. Shorten it.

Maintain Current Posture - Seriously? Don't you mean: "Maintain Positions"

(From Dictionary.com

the relative disposition of the parts of something.

the position of the limbs or the carriage of the body as a whole: poor posture; a sitting posture.

an affected or unnatural attitude: He struck a comic posture.

a mental or spiritual attitude: His ideas reveal a defensive posture.

one's image or policy as perceived by the public, other nations, etc.: The company wants to develop a more aggressive marketing posture.)

And a lot more, I'll update as I see fit.

So, what do you see that should/needs to be changed before its release?

Level 3
48 REPLIES

Re: Things that should/need to be changed before release

in reply to SlyFire01

1. its an older build, a lot of stuff is already being/has been changed.

2. "Hardpoint" is not the same gamemode as "Headquarters". They are two different gamemmodes, Hardpoint is like "King of the Hill" from Halo.

Level 11

in reply to OMFGimJOE1

Headquarters is like King of the Hill from Halo

Level 12

in reply to SlyFire01

nade trails are to help you see where you throw your nade and shows the path it took. it helps if you need to throw a second.

hardpoint. Apparently this is king of the hill from halo style game a bit different from hq's

the hunter killer drones. Simple HKD's sorted

Maintain posture. I haven't seen this action so no comment

Don't forget this is alphs footage that we are watching by the time the game comes out there could 100's of changes or 2 changes. Don't jump to conclusions just yet

Level 18

in reply to grif77775

Yeah, I know but I just want to make sure that they're aware of some of the stuff. And it's a bit of a crutch for the nades don't you think? It'll make it too easy, there needs to be some sort of learning and adjustment without some overly helpful assistance from the devs in the form of a nade trail.

Level 3

in reply to SlyFire01

I don't see how nade trails are a clutch, it's just a way to let you follow your grenade.

Level 61

in reply to An Oreo

Crutch, and because it makes it way too easy. There needs to be some sort of challenge also it obstructs the view a bit (what if there's a gunshot behind the trail and I can't see it because of trail?).

Level 3

in reply to SlyFire01

How is it a crutch if it only shows up after you have thrown it? Its not like Ghost Recon where it shows you the trajectory before you throw it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to SlyFire01

I don't think it helps that must to be a crutch. plus everyone one can see the trail so it can give away your postion. Plus after I find the nade throwing range I hardly every need the trail and I think that goes for everyone

Level 18

in reply to SlyFire01

Wouldn't be that easier if you are used to cooking them

Level 1

Studios