OK I got a tough puzzle for you on TV resolution

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

OK I got a tough puzzle for you on TV resolution

Two or three weeks ago I Prestiged and started using the MP7 Full Metal Jacket with mostly Lightweight and Toughness. The rest of the class I keep changing to other perks etc. I used this class a lot before.

Now on Saturday I changed my 42 inch (walmart) Sanyo TV to 720p instead of 1080p on the output section of my Xbox. Most of all you probably know a walmart version TV is a generic setup of the classier TVs with the same name. Heck it was only 425 dollars when I bought it.

My KD ratio used to be around .86 before I had my stroke and since my stroke it dropped down to around .68. I was doing really bad online for the past 7 months worse than before. Now I will admit that I rarely ever quit a game so whatever KD ratio I got for that game that is what I was stuck with.

Now since my TV settings on the Xbox changed my KD ratio for the games I played SINCE Saturday was 1.19 on my AVERAGE KD ratio. . I had 3 games that went .50 or below but the rest went up to a KD ratio of 2.5.

That means since I changed my settings my last 65 games went WAY above in KD ratio what I have normally been playing. For the past few months I have been playing basically the same class setup.

So wouldnt you consider that changing my TV output resolution  improved my game greatly ?

BTW my health has NOT changed dramatically over a few days period So that leaves that out.

Level 72
39 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: OK I got a tough puzzle for you on TV resolution

in reply to starbuckfrack

People can argue otherwise, but I feel now, with the range of TVs out there, it really does make a difference.

Played MW3/Black Ops and the others on my Flat Screen 32" Vizio 720p. No bells or whistles but did pretty well overall. When I moved, I bought myself a 47" LCD Vizio Flat Screen Smart TV with 3D...1080p as well. Great TV, great picture, love it... but my MW3 game went to pot. My K/D dropped tremendously and I just couldn't get kills like I was accustomed to. I came very near to giving up when I saw suggestions on here about using a Gaming Monitor.

Got my Asus monitor and it completely turned my game around. My K/D never fully recovered in MW3, but it went up significantly, and more importantly I was having fun again and playing well.

BO2 I hit the ground running, and I have had the best results of any CoD game to date.

Sure, skill will pretty much always be the ultimate factor... but there is NO doubt in my mind that in this realm, equipment also makes a difference.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Well you can see my skill hasnt improved looking at my games. My best game BEFORE changing the settings was probably a KD ratio of .6

At least you can even look thru and see my games KD ratio change drastically.

I honestly saw my games KD ratio drop when I got the big screen TV, I thought it was just my imagination.

Level 72

Input lag is definitely a factor for many players.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I havent even tried the game with a wired controller yet

Wonder if I still got one.

Level 72

I imagine it did help. Xbox 360 games are 720p that is upscaled by the 360 to 1080p. You should also change the resolution on the 360 to 720p. While this only reduces lag by a fraction of an amount it can be noticeable in such a fast paced shooter like CoD.

Level 18

Never heard of output resolution making a difference. But it would make sense in the fact that no Call of Duty game as of yet plays in 1080 and like almost all xbox games, There native resolution is 720. So no need to upconvert to 1080 and this may give you just that slightest milisecond advantage??? I may have to try it tonight, or i may have already done it because i remember seeing something about this a year or two ago.

Another possible aspect is that when you changed resolution you may have changed the game mode settings on your tv at the same time. When it comes to TV's, input lag, screen lag, line lag and what type of TV on..I feel like a pro

My current setup: Samsung 59" Plasma, 600 hz Refresh rate, HDMI, Xbox slim, Game mode on, TV colors on cool,

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

My TV is a cheap clone version from Walmart. The Walmart version doesnt have a GAME mode.

Level 72

Another thing that helps is a smaller screen. You can see more at once and have to move your eyes less. That's why the MLG uses 24inch screens. When I switched from my 50inch plasma to my 24inch I was surprised how much it made a difference.

Level 18

I use a 60" Plazma and found it has a "Game" mode in which it removes all of the additional processing and sets the resolition at 720p, even though for normal TV watching it's a 1080p TV. It suggested setting my Xbox 360 to 720p as well, was specifically listed in the settings guide. I think the TV has less input lag that way, in fact it's like a big gaming monitor now.

Level 13

Studios