OK I got a tough puzzle for you on TV resolution

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: OK I got a tough puzzle for you on TV resolution

in reply to starbuckfrack

Starbuck, you may benefit even more with one of the gaming monitors, like Drew stated above.  Foxhound turned everybody on to the Benq gaming monitors.  I ended up getting a refurb 24"Samsung with 2 ms response time and I really like it.  These monitors are not very expensive.   

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014270

I got my Samsung for around $230

Level 9

in reply to riffy08

Hey these look really cool, I love my 24inch Sony LCD TV but I've had it for a couple years now and it might be time for a change. I'm gonna give this monitor some real consideration. Thanks for the link broski.

Level 18

in reply to riffy08

You dont get it. I am old. A smaller TV would strain my eyes

I have enough trouble seeing in Battlefeild some days

Level 72

I hear ya...I'm no spring chicken.  My initial response to Fox was that it wasn't as immersive as that big screen that puts you in the action.  Besides, who knows what could happen once Xbox One comes out...1080p up eventually to 4K?!

Level 9

TV  makes a huge difference, the lower the output resolution the faster the game will run, XBOX games are almost never at 1080P, I have my XBOX set to 720P.

I am using a 24" PS3 monitor, I have a 27" Samsung as well that is 1ms, but I use that one on my comp.

Level 9

I just dropped mine from 1080 to 720. Let you know of my results

Level 38
Highlighted

I dropped mine to 720p also (I didn't in the past because the picture quality was noticeably worse, it still kind of is lol) and it does feel a bit more responsive... The picture quality is noticeably worse as noted, but not too bad. Been playing a few matches and things do seem better though. Didn't really have a problem with input lag in the first place but it seems to have helped. Can't wait for next gen where I'd expect most games will be 1080p though!

Level 18

Hopefully we can keep this thread going. It sounds like a good solution to some of the problems players MAY have.

Cant wait to hear more evidence.

Level 72

I have been seeing a difference in MW3 tonight. Got a Moab in my first game

Level 38

It would likely have a significant impact (something a pro player would notice immediately and a average or below player would even notice over time yet they may not notice WHY they suddenly started playing better). As another user posted when a games native resolution is 720P the Xbox does scale it up (just like those DVD players that scale up or the blue ray ones when playing a DVD) Wich adds a small amount of additional input lag because of the extra proccessing. there are a few other settings you may be able to change such as Digital Noise Reduction (or DNR) being turned off. as well as any other settings that make the picture LOOK better as these settings require a extra step in the proccessing time.

I use to play on Computer monitor via HDMI I wish everyday i had the money to go buy another one as atm I only have a 26in TV with no game mode.

Level 4

Studios