OK I got a tough puzzle for you on TV resolution

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: OK I got a tough puzzle for you on TV resolution

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I agree,  used to have my xbox in the lounge for a year or so, decided to relegate it to the bedroom, A good move, I certainly find it's a better experience now on a smaller TV.

Level 18

in reply to HighlandSparky

My xbox is in the living room, but has its own screen so my wife can watch telly whilst I game. She watches mainly Hindi serials (shes from India), which I really cant sit through as they are mostly dreadful, so I get to game in peace. WINNING!

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

LOL....My girlfriends addicted to the Kardashians.....I'm safer in the bedroom, stops my eyes bleeding

Level 18

in reply to HighlandSparky

And heres the rub people: other half muscling in on your gaming time? Get them addicted to the worst possible tripe on TV, then you have the perfect cop out!

"Why wont you watch this with me?"

"Its S**t" *goes back to gaming*

Level 31

in reply to starbuckfrack

I tried setting mine to 720 last night, and had no difference at all

Level 20
Highlighted

in reply to Schoat333

Did you change your TV mode to 720 or did you change your Xboxes output to 720 ?

Level 72

Xbox output. It made no difference in performance for me.

Level 20

in reply to Schoat333

We arent talking performance we are talking about KD ratio or TV lag.

besides some TV can run without any vsual lag on 1080 so running at 720 might not make a difference. For example if you have a gaming monitor you might not notice any difference at all.

All I know is my KD ratio went from below .69 to above a 1.20 and has stayed that way for almost a week.

Level 72

You do realize that a reduction in input lag would be a performance difference right? A change in your k/d would have to be due to a performance difference for this to matter at all.

Of course there is the possibility that it is just a placebo effect.

Level 20

I started playing on the PS3 using 720p. I was racking up kills for the month of July and I have no problem getting 3 KD or above in most of my games. At the start of August, I tinkered with my PS3, went 1080p and my average weekly KD went down to 2.78. I never thought it would cause me some unforeseen effects. It went on for three weeks and thought that they changed something on their matchmaking. It never crossed my mind that it was me who brought in my own problem. I went back to 720p after seeing this thread and surprisingly, my KD for this week is up at 3.25. My playstyle hasn't changed and my class load outs are still the same. It can't be placebo because during those three weeks, I was playing really hard and was hoping to recapture my old mojo.

Level 14

Studios