Please Penalize Rage Quitters in BO2.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Please Penalize Rage Quitters in BO2.

This has become to common and it is a bad habit, a selfish habit because you are leaving your teammates a player down.  I don't care if you are getting your butt handed to you, stay in the game.  As for penalizing players, I think any XP earned in the game a player quits should be negated or earns negative XP.  So if start a game at level 40, level up to 41, and quit for any reason, all your XP earn should be wiped or have a great deduction that could cause you to go back level 40.  This may be a sore subject but quitting needs to be punished.

So what do you think about this proposal and/or solution to DECREASE the amount of quitters we incounter?

Level 47
64 REPLIES

Re: Please Penalize Rage Quitters in BO2.

in reply to iivrruummii

Been talked about a lot on these forums.

My idea was this. They add a Games Started and a Games Finished Stat.

As soon as you pick your class and start a match, you get credit for a Game Started. You don't get credit for the game finished until the match officially ends. You would then have a Games Completed Stat by dividing the Number of games finished by the number of Games Started. Thus,  you get a guy with a 3.2 K/D but a 42% Completed Games Stat, you know he dashes to protect his K/D. Would much rather play with the guy with a 1.24 K/D with a 94% Games Completed percentage.

People Dash to save their stats... so you hit em in the Stats.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I'm just weary having yet another system drawing data from the game. Smooth game play in my opinion would help reduce the amount of 'rage quitters'. MW3 just made people bipolar compared to previous installments. I have experienced it many times with 20 days of play.

Level 48

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

My idea was this. They add a Games Started and a Games Finished Stat.

People Dash to save their stats... so you hit em in the Stats.

i agree with this. i dont see why so many people put so much stock in stats. They can tell you a little, but too many people sit around trying to boost stats. so make it if they are quitting to save on stat, they hurt another.

i also agree that if you are lagging like crazy, you need to quite. it is not being selfish, you bought the game to enjoy it, not fight the lag.

but most of all.. why do we care what the stats look like. they are there to help you see what you are doing, not for other people to decide weather they like you are not. so if you constantly cheat to keep them up, it is not helping you, or acuratly reflecting how you are playing.

Level 19

in reply to iivrruummii

It all depends on the lag. I will never stay if the game puts me half a second behind my opponents.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

It is called getting a better internet connection if you are having these big problems with your internet that you are a second behind.  But another thing it is called the internet and it is slowing down.  If you really care about LAG so much how about you just play LAN matches?  Easy fix for you.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Get a better internet connection? Are you nuts?

That's not going to solve the lag compensation problem. Everyone knows that people who have top tier internet connection gets screwed badly by lag compensation. My internet is average and I know there are people out there who plays using worst connection and they're having a great time. The volume of people with top of the line connection complaining about lag compensation brings truth to the fact that having the best connection is not a bright idea for this game.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

dont play MW3. then internet connection helps you.

everybody suffers from lagcomp.

shitty internet is shitty internet no matter what.

and good internet is now shittyer internet. sucks for everbody.

Level 22

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

It is called getting a better internet connection if you are having these big problems with your internet that you are a second behind.  But another thing it is called the internet and it is slowing down.  If you really care about LAG so much how about you just play LAN matches?  Easy fix for you.

I have to ask....... WTF are you talking about? Something about the internet slowing down?

Your post is jibberish. It almost reads like your trying to defend awful netcode and pathetic matchmaking?

Level 28

Stop making bogus assumptions.  My wording is a little off but who cares.

Level 47

Studios