Prestige Boosters vs. Other Fixes

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Prestige Boosters vs. Other Fixes

It would appear that Treyarch is beginning to reset those who hacked their way to the 10th prestige...a problem that largely NEVER influenced gameplay, but was almost immediately recognized by the company and commented on through twitter by saying something along the lines of "saw a bunch of people running around with 10th prestige, bans and resets coming soon."

Meanwhile, real problems like lag compensation get treated as a mythical creatures that don't exist, evoking responses from Treyarch on Twitter that revolve around the "prove that there is a problem" mentality. I think it is kind of amazing that a company wants their customers to trouble shoot problems, as if we all paid to be beta testers.

Ultimately, what I take away from their decision to fix the prestige thing but to largely ignore the gameplay issues is that they want the game to look all shiny and nice on the outside without any substance on the inside...much like my high school girlfriend.

Level 6
32 REPLIES

Re: Prestige Boosters vs. Other Fixes

in reply to Sustainability1

Lag comp is in the game. It's not a fault, it's been put in on deliberately. You knew this before you bought the game, and if you didn't you need to wake up. If it doesn't work well for you, play something else, unless you can put up with it.

I'm glad they reset those cheating gets. Why should they get something I have put days into the game for, for nothing? I hate cheats who think they can get away with it. Thanks for cleaning up the game guys, I know it's made a lot of people happy.

Level 5

in reply to Rob12111

Actually, I didn't know about the lag comp was in the game before I bought it...but thanks for the wake up call!

I am happy that all those "cheaters" being reset pleased you though. I know how a little tiny symbol that has no bearing on gameplay can really upset some people and keep them up at night.

Level 6

Just like a little bit of hit detection never did anyone any harm. It's not like its all the time and works both ways. It's an Internet game, you are always going to have lag to deal with. Get a grip.

Level 5

in reply to Rob12111

You're right. My opinion is inferior to yours, and I am the only person that thinks that there is something wrong with this game. All those other threads talking about the same problems I have been talking about are just an elaborate smokescreen.

Level 6

Good I'm glad we have that sorted.

Seriously, why feel the need to start another then? It's a waste of time. It's in the game, the only thing getting improved is matchmaking, not lag comp. matchmaking should help reduce the effects, but that's it.

Hacking is a real problem that needs addressing and I'm glad it's being done. I don't care if it doesn't effect how my games plays, the cheating dicks need to be brought back down.

Level 5

in reply to Rob12111

i would ignore lag comp it if i didnt lose EVERY SINGLE GUN FIGHT I HAVE EVER BEEN IN.

Level 2

in reply to Rob12111

Wow, Rob12.  That's called putting your head in the sand.  You pay $60+ for a game and you're going to tell people to "put up with" lag comp or go play something else.  That's ridiculous.  Should the people that bought new iPhones just say the Maps App is broke, but I'm just going to put up with it and not say anything?  The only way faults with the game are going to be fixed is if people bring it to light.  Being just a sheep to what ever Treyarch puts out is the wrong way to look at this.  Right now 25% of my games are unplayable and my score can vary from 20-5 to 10-20 from one game to the next.  This needs to be addressed.

Level 1

in reply to JWolf111

Lag comp is in all games. It's not broken. I suffer from the odd hit detection issue, but gain as much as I lose, it balances itself out and doesn't become a huge problem. That said I am happy to play on.

If it became where I couldn't enjoy the game because of it, I would stop playing, simple. I wouldn't moan about it, there's plenty more to do and bigger things in life to worry about.

It really is as simple as that. If that's treyarcs view then it's coincidence (I'm sure it's not), then call me a sheep if that makes you feel better.

Level 5

in reply to Rob12111

Apparently you have never played counter-strike. Not once in that game did I complain about being around a corner and then dropping dead. If you haven't noticed the "lag compensation" has been getting worse and worse as the years go on.

Level 1

Studios