Probation

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Probation

in reply to YouniqueName

stop being bad. when you join a game thats in progress camp a little bit to see whats going on around you. Dont just run around like Elpres , start screaming and whining because people "sit in corners" and put down guardians and sentries that are easily destroyed by 1 emp.

People are so dumb its ridiculous. There is a counter for everything in this game . Either use it or complain and quit early like a nub. Either way YOU still know that you're a nub so its okay.

Level 6

in reply to Sustainability1

probation is good because you join a match and you're down 73 to 12 and there's dogs and all kinds of stuff flying around in the air.  Stick around and die 15 times in a 2 vs 6 match and take a free loss.  Yeah, that sounds outstanding.  Or start a match where people are running in place, you can't get a hitmarker, can't run through a door because somebody's connection is terrible and you keep warping all over the place...yeah, stick around and play that match for 10 and a half minutes and have a wonderful time. 

I back the hell out of any of those situations pretty regularly and although I've never had the probation thing hit me, I can definitely understand people's frustration when they get hit with it.  That and I'm so sick of playing Hijacked over and over and over.  If i get thrown into a game on that map, i'm out no matter what the score is. 

Level 2

in reply to BigBuffaloChip

Yep. I think that it is good to keep the crybabies out of lobbies by slapping them with probation. If you constantly are in matches where the other team is raining scorestreaks down on you then you shouldn't die as much or adapt your classes so you can't be targeted by every single AI controlled scorestreak.

Also, if you see a map that you don't like while matchmaking, just back out of the lobby before the game begins.

Again, probation only kicks in when you leave a silly amount of games, so I don't think you are going to be punished for leaving the few games that it actually makes sense to quit (bad lag, boosters, glitchers, etc.)

Level 6

you do understand that we are talking about being thrown into games like that...not starting from the beginning and just getting wrecked.  Backing out of a lobby doesn't do anything, but backing out of the game that you just got thrown into, does. 

I agree with everything you said in your scenerio...but we are talking about hitting "Find Match"  and it just dumping you into games that are already underway and the other team already has their stuff setup.

Level 2

I'm fine with that. My point is that every single match that you get put into isn't like the scenario that you are describing, so you that means that you are quitting games a lot for other (probably not as noble) reasons.

If the match you join has your team getting destroyed 180 - 30 then you should just tough it out for the remaining 2 minutes and then get your revenge on the next map when everyone starts off on an even footing.

Level 6

actually it does happen quite frequently.  And no, I don't back out of games just because we start losing.  Nice try though.   Terrible lag or getting thrown into a slaughterhouse with no chance are the only reasons I back out

Level 2

Wasn't really just singling you out as much as I was addressing others who probably share your argument, though I can see how it can be taken that way seeing how I wrote it.

Either way, they won't get rid of probation and I am happy about it considering that it doesn't truly hurt anyone that actually enjoys the game and it punishes those that are ultimately causing others to join games midway through a losing match.

Level 6

There are legitimate issues with probation.

Maybe we can agree on the following

Treyarch should not count toward probation the following.

1. Being kicked for excessive kills of your own team. Being kicked is punishment enough.

2. The internet connection fails and you are disconnected thru no action of yours.

3. The host quits.

other than that probation will not affect most of us.

Level 1

Probation periods sound like a way to stop people from quiting early.... However, there are too many times that the server lags out or the game ends and it is of no fault to the player.  I think the writers of the game should spend more time on figuring out the bugs in their game before they start punishing players for the poor game performance. On some of the maps players are prone to kill their own team due to the nature of the map.  It isn't the fault of the player if his own team member steps in front of him while he is shooting at the enemy, and still in this situation you have the potential of getting kicked from the game.  I suppose everyone has a choice of what games and what company they will buy their games from.  I sincerly hope that the next Call of Duty game is not a Treyarch game. If so, I may have to take up knitting. 

Level 1

in reply to IRONGIXXER

Disconnects and such are not enough to put people on probation.

If their internet is bad enough where it drops them enough to GET probation then the problems not the game, its the persons internet. They need to find out why like rebooting your connection or calling your ISP.

We all play the same exact game as you how come 90 percent of us has ever seen probation ?

Level 72

Studios