Probation

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Probation

in reply to Sustainability1

I see many adults claiming that they get probation warnings etc due to needing to leave to attend to IRL stuff/not having fun.

It saddens me to see so many adults fail to prioritise their time correctly and exercise such poor sportsmanship. I am actually struggling to think of a time I had to switch off the console due to something that happened IRL, I dont play anything like CoD if I'm going to have to turn it off at a moments notice. Thats just plain common sense. Something I would expect a 30 year old adult to have acquired. I play HC, I have a young son, a wife and a job. I haven't been landed with Probation ONCE in this game. Not once. Why? I'm not an arse about when I play, I dont try to squeeze a game in here and there when its likely I wont have time. I get on when I have no other distractions and can happily game away to my hearts content. Sure I've had to jump out for some reason or another every so often, but not often enough to get probation.

Anyone who HAS had that happen, quite frankly, is timing their gaming sessions wrong. IRL is NO excuse, the older you claim to be, the weaker it is.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

There is no excuse at all to get probation. IRL or not.

Activision Ambassador

I play HC modes. My beef with probation is that you can earn it without shooting anyone on your team. A friend runs up to my bettie when an enemy is near enough to trip it and Boom-team kill. I put one bullet into a burning car and a friend dies from th eexplosion 3 minutes later-Boom, team kill. Probation needs to be replaced with extended respawn times for team killing and a VOTE function after 3 TKs. That would be a kick/nokick vote...

Level 54

in reply to Cable991

Seems pretty simple, if your bettys are killing friendlies , stop using them? Oooor use your brain and don't put them  in an area likely to kill them ( ie  a bottleneck that both teams fight over). Secondly, don't shoot the car!! Or blow it up right off the bat so it can't kill your team .

The point of HC is to watch what you do.. if you don't want to do that, just play core.

Activision Ambassador

The only people that have a huge outstanding issue with probation are the ones lying to themselves. Its a shame really.

Level 7

Probation period is just bullshit!!!!!! Every time when I log is I start from probation period x 2!!! What the f...!!!! How you can napy from this?! And i did not quite the bloody game!!!!!

Level 2

in reply to Agu5ia

Its not going to be removed from the game. The timer does not count down when the game is not in the console and being played. So if you get it and shut off the box, it never ends the countdown and will restart when you start the game back up.

Level 70
Highlighted

I believe that probation is extremely retarted. Sure its needed for some ragers but when people run ghost with death machines,AND camping in the corner. I completely agree with youniquename about when u cant even spawn ur dead instantly. Heres a trick for that: have a combat axe, and look down. You have to walk sideways or the sentry will kill you. Just passing on the info I got from VanossGaming on youtube so credits go to him.

Level 1

I never quit a game unless the connection sucks, people are bad, trolls or spawn campers. After 3-5 games I get probation because of the stupid shit people do. They need to fix that.I was max prestige and left 1 too many games, got off. The next day, I was level 1. WTF vonderhaar.

Level 1

in reply to xXcRzY_cLoWnXx

Not to be rude, but quitting games will never make your stats reset.. There was another reason that they were reset, and I would be finding out why if I were you.. But I'm the same as you, as far as leaving games.. If I start from the beginning, I'll only leave for connection.. Otherwise I don't leave.. If I'm thrown into a match that's ongoing, I always check and see what's going on before I jump in.. If the score is insane, or they have big streaks or something like that, then I just leave without ever joining in.. And to all of those who think that's not acceptable, get over it.. I play this game for fun.. I like to do well, of course, but I play for fun.. It isn't fun to be thrown into dogs or warships or things of that nature when I wasn't part of the cause for them being out.. And the whole, you get a loss for leaving before you ever join is ridiculous.. I have no clue how many losses I have and I don't care at all.. But I know that some people do and that isn't right for their stats to be affected negatively when they did nothing wrong but hit the A button.. The only other reason I back out before getting completely into a game is if it's a map that I just don't like.. There are a few maps that I won't play.. I don't care what you COD elitists think of that either.. I hate Turbine.. I hate Drone.. And some others.. No point in joining when I don't like it.. If I get probation for that, then so be it.. The game has so many ridiculous things about it, that this would just be one more..

Level 9

Studios