Probation

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Probation

I personally like that Treyarch introduced probation in Black Ops 2. It only kicks in after leaving an obscene amount of games, which really isn't an issue unless you are a poor sport that rage quits at the first sign of being challenged by the other team.

We all have joined matches that are almost over with your team losing, but instead of just leaving the match, you should just stay in the game and wait for the next map to load. Half the reason that you even join these losing matches is because others rage quit before you, and you leaving this game out of frustration just creates a feedback cycle; probation aims to end these scenarios by providing a negative consequence for rage quitting.

tl;dr = probation is good because constantly rage quitting is pathetic.

Level 6
139 REPLIES

Re: Probation

in reply to Sustainability1

Sustainability wrote:

unless you are a poor sport that rage quits at the first sign of being challenged by the other team.

tl;dr = probation is good because constantly rage quitting is pathetic.

You're a poor sport if you have to set up Guardians and Sentry Guns on spawns that instantly kill people the instant they spawn.

If I quit a game because I have no chance of moving, only to be put into a game where this same thing is happening, leave, and then get put on probation?! Bullshit!

Level 3

in reply to YouniqueName

I have honestly never seen that happen.

What game modes do you play?

Level 9

in reply to YouniqueName

Yeah. Because I am sure every single match you have ever joined has been like that. Probation only kicks in if you rage quit a TON of games, and I personally guarantee that each match that you backed out of wasn't like that.

Level 6

in reply to Sustainability1

Completely untrue, 3 in a short period is all it takes <40 minutes to an hour I believe>

Level 7

in reply to YouniqueName

It doesnt spawn them in range of sentry guns. Im not ashamed to admit Ive figured this out with trial and error.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

Depends upon where they are placed. if in hijacked and the guns are in the right place it will spawn them where the guns will get them the momeny they come in to the open.

Level 70

in reply to YouniqueName

you do know there is something called a emp grenade how about setting up classes so you are prepared for any scenario.we all have went into a match and just been over ran but when you are a guy who leaves games on a regulare basis it hurts the other players so a 5 min ban is not that bad when you stop thinking of your self and think about your teamates it will all stop.

Level 1

in reply to YouniqueName

I agree, I was playing league play and TWICE, TWICE because of my shitty connection, which Im getting fixed, kicked me out and what do I get? PROBATION! TWICE this has happened. But I don't blame Treyarch. I just wish they would recognize I'm not leaving, Im getting kicked out, and lots of other people are probably getting the same problem.

Level 2

in reply to SoulAce

To the game any leave for any reason is a quit. it is a blanket fix for the problem but does not really work. just like 3tk kick in hardcore is not perfect, nor was ricochet in IW games. Blanket fixes are easier and quicker then making complex code to watch a person to see exactly why they left the game. Plus with no dedicates servers it is harder for them to tell the exact reason, since the host stores all the match data, if the host leaves all data is lost, so no one finished the match= everyone quit.

Level 70

Studios