Question about modded controllers? (Black Ops 2)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Question about modded controllers? (Black Ops 2)

If I have a modded controller but don't use the mod on the controller will I still get the penalty?

Below is one section on the Black Ops 2 code of conduct about modded controllers.

Unsupported Peripheral Devices & Applications

Any user who utilizes an unsupported external hardware device or application to interact with the game is subject to penalty. Unsupported peripheral devices and applications include but are not limited to modded controllers, IP flooders and lag switches.

Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have  their stats & emblems reset and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.

Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

Level 1
19 REPLIES

Re: Question about modded controllers? (Black Ops 2)

in reply to Jerry123kid

You CAN use the modded controller on the CAMPAIGN portion, but NEVER online. The best option is to just use the regular controller while playing online. I have not found a controller that feels better than the standard Microsoft controller anyway.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

So if the mod is off you still can't use it? If so I am now pissed because that is the only controller I have left.

Level 1

in reply to Jerry123kid

I've got a modded xbox controller but can't turn the mod off. I don't have the original as it broke so hence the reason why I got a (permanently) modded one for MW3. I ain't paying for a whole new controller just cause 3arch thinks its an unfair way to play the game.

- I'm sure they won't notice. It might just happen to be that I'm very very good at drop shotting rather than using a modded controller.

Level 6

in reply to Dark-Chaos

Yeah as long as the mod is off I don't think anybody should deserve a penalty. I will try it without the mod on the day of release and If I get the penalty then I guess I will have to use a different controller and will be having a talk with Activision Support.

Level 1

in reply to Jerry123kid

Well I'm screwed then aren't I?

Well that's just great. They leave it till this late stage to tell me that I can't use my modded controller. I'm just going to see if they notice or not while I'm using it.

Level 6

in reply to Dark-Chaos

I don't blame you they add this rule at the last minute. -_-

Level 1

in reply to Jerry123kid

Ummm....they didn't "add" it at the last minute its in the CoC from Microsoft its always against the rules no matter what game you play on xbox.

Level 12

in reply to UncleFizer

I could use it for MW3, no probs.

Level 6

in reply to Dark-Chaos

That was MW3.  This is BO2.  Things change.  I think that Scuff controllers are still legit mainly because they are legal in MLG, and they don't have a modded chip or anything.

Level 47

Studios