Really... the netcode/hitdetection/lag compensation still sucks...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Really... the netcode/hitdetection/lag compensation still sucks...

This is ridiculous....

How can your company keep selling the same crap and sleep at night. FIX THIS!

Level 2
21 REPLIES

Re: Really... the netcode/hitdetection/lag compensation still sucks...

in reply to Zacharybinx34

Oh, and spawns. Cool. People spawning behind you after you kill them. GREAT WORK!

Level 2

Don't forget it is still early days and the server's have not yet fully operational, they are still at defcon 3.

Level 10

in reply to MORV1990

Why do you say the servers are not yet fully operational? The game has officially launched.

Level 2

Servers always take at least a few days MINIMUM before they are up and running to full capacity.

Recall MW3, it took them almost 3 weeks for their servers to start running at 100% optimal level.

At the moment, BO2 servers are running at DEFCON-3, whereas top server efficiency is DEFCON-5.

Just because the game is out, it doesn't mean servers are running optimally. Be patient.

You can check here: http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/status

For what it's worth - connection and hit detection is awesome when you get into a game with a decent host, but the second you get a few poor connections in the lobby with you, the lag compensation and such really messes things up.

Yesterday's experience was really disheartening - so excited to finally play the game with other people that I know having tasted pre-release servers, but it was almost unplayable

Level 18

in reply to Tick7

I have some time invested in this game now. More than most probably but less than others. This game's connection issues are GARBAGE! All I playis TD Hardcore. I always go positive. Not on this game though. Ridiculous. Seriously, This game needs work. I;ve turned it off and am waiting a couple of days before I trade it in for Borderlands 2. At least that is playable.

Level 1

Tick7 has explained it for you.

Level 10

The connection and hit detection is working just the same as the MW series imo. Better then Blops 1 though. It is going to affect everyone a little differently and will have to learn to play through if you can.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

No. This Fanboi-ism must be put to an end. Infinity Ward finally fixed their lag compensation issues - but it took them 10 months. Too little too late.

It can be fixed. But Treyarch only cares about $'s - and to fix it would require spending some money by putting resources towards fixing it.

This is a scam. And because the fanbois are either too stupid to notice, or too stupid to care they will continue on selling crap on a platter to everyone.

Don't get me wrong, good game, but it's completely RUINED by this terrible lag compensation/awful hit detection.

Level 2

Don't get me wrong, good game, but it's completely RUINED by this terrible lag compensation/awful hit detection.

So true.

This could potentially be one of the better COD titles but the connectivity in general is killing the game for me.

Level 51

Studios