Sniper Discussion- Which one is better?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Sniper Discussion- Which one is better?

in reply to SharpShooterFTW

idk i like my dsr class (mainly because im great with it) but im looking to try the ballista because i find myself coming up against multiple enemies. i will post what classes im trying out later.

Level 1

I seem to enjoy using the Ballista more but I seem to do better with the DSR.  Using iron sights on my Ballista to get that final kill with diamond bling.

Level 31

I tend to agree with darkranger ... they each have strengths and weaknesses.

Overall, though, I like the Ballista. But that's because I prefer long range sniping, not quick scoping. Even so, when it comes to QS, I've found the Ballista the easiest to use for that purpose.

The SVU I like because of its accuracy. Personally, I think it is the most accurate SR ... it doesn't show that when you look at in-game stats, though. That's because it is a 2HK weapon and to get those 2 hits, you pretty much have to spam the flock out of your shots. Not because of accuracy, but because in BO2, your target doesn't seem to want to cooperate much - everyone is always on the move.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62
Highlighted

in reply to nuttin2say

Just means SVU users will favour the suppressor more.  It did with me as a OHK to the head only is a bad return for body multipliers.  It's a bit difficult having a fair amount of weapons in each class without having some weapons being outclassed.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

I have to agree with you there.  If you are going to silence a sniper rifle the SVU is aboslutely the way to go.  The game's lag compensation for better or worse has some trouble with hit boxes ans sometimes what should be a one hit kill turns into a hit marker.  With the bolt action sniper rifles, killing on the first shot is critical.  If your opponent sees you and you don't get a one hit kill, there is a fairly high probablilty that you won't live to get a second shot with the ballista or DSR.  Like it or not, the SVU can pump out 8 to 10 rounds in the time that the DSR takes to fire 2. That's why you normally don't see the bolt action snipers with a supressor. 

Level 10

in reply to darkrangeresp

I gave up on trying to get 100% OHK with the SVU. I just shoot to kill. If I manage a head shot, great. If not, I spam 'em.

Level 62

It depends on your personal preference, if you like long range sitting in the back kind of play style dsr50 is a good choice but if you want to be in a supporting/aggressive role the ballista is the best weapon. But nothing can beat the xpr50 ^^

Level 1

My preference is to finish all the challenges for every weapon. I run solo and I didn't even play BO2 for about two months so, nope, I don't yet have all the challenges complete. Once I finish with the SVU I will switch to one of the other SRs for my sniping. I've tried all four and I think I have a pretty good feel for them. For the SVU, I just take the shots I can and if it scores a OHK, great. If not, I keep going.

I can see why the XPR would be a well-liked SR. However, the one I think is the best is the Ballista. Accuracy plus good damage. I can live with the rechamber time.

Level 62

Ok, the ballista class im using

Ballista

-fast mag

-ballitics cpu

Five-Seven

Perk 1- Flack Jacket

Perk 2- scavenger

perk 3- dexterity (i think im in school right now and i cant really remember, lol)

Lethal- Betty

Tatical- concussion

i know i have 1 more that im using, but i cant remember it, lol

Level 1

My current SnD class is a

Ballista with a Laser sight

M8A1 with laser sight

Light weight

Toughness

Awareness

Dead silence

Perk 3 greed wild card

Overkill wild card

This search class is amazingly beast. The M8A1 gives you good fighting power up close-mid and the sniper gives you good fighting power at long range.

Level 45

Studios