So what does *Improved and expanded who can be the host of a game lobby.* mean?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

So what does *Improved and expanded who can be the host of a game lobby.* mean?

So now that this game has been out for 6 months, you mean to tell me that not just anyone can be host in black ops2?

So now i am confused. I thought this game would search for the overall best connection in a lobby. I know that when i am party leader with a group of 6, it will rarely give me host or a preferd connection unlike in past COD games. Instead i constantly struggle to get 3 bar connection and it seems they give the host to the most unstable person in the room. Usually 3 host migrations per game will confirm that.

So can someone please explain what this means? Is treyarch finally going to give players with good internet a chance to host now? Or have they decided that those with 56k dial up should be given host more often?

Level 38
18 REPLIES

Re: So what does *Improved and expanded who can be the host of a game lobby.* mean?

in reply to codchamp1

I think we are going to have to play the game for a while to really find out tbh.

Level 25

Re: So what does *Improved and expanded who can be the host of a game lobby.* mean?

in reply to codchamp1

Hopefully this means I don't have to host every game!

Level 13

in reply to slap1i

I would like host every game. I would also think those in the lobby would enjoy it as well. See when you have a party of 6 that are more or less close to each other and with my fios 150 Down and 65 up with 5MS ping.. Everyone should be green bar. Not to mention that if this was the case then we could maybe also keep the host game after game. Much less migrations, lag spikes....oh and i dont dashboard, so many less losses.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

what are you doing with that expensive azz internet dude. Do you need it for work or something? I run 20/10 and my internet is as fast as I would ever need it to be and my gaming connecion is very good all around.

But I do have something to add to the topic. Before the update, I would usually pull host everytime I went in with a team of 6 and I was party leader. Now it seems to avoid giving me host. This is only based on 10 games. I will add more info as I play more.

Level 20

in reply to codchamp1

I've always thought the way it chose host and who to put into lobbies was a bit out of whack.  I've been in Russian lobbies before when I joined a friend who lives in the same town as me and the same ISP as some of the Gamertags were in Cyrillic, if the popularity of the AN-94 and the SVU wasn't a give away already.

I've also hosted on my phone line and it is pretty bad for gaming standards and it doesn't have much upload bandwidth and I felt I struggled as host on the phone line at times but it seems much less of an issue on my fibre optic connection.  It could all by hocus pocus though.

Level 31

in reply to codchamp1

Its like the one topic i started, I can be host mid game if they migrate hosts but when we go back to the lobby after the match, it migrates hosts on me like WTF? I can host in game but not a fresh game?

Level 8

in reply to BAREWarrior

This is one thing i cannot understand about this game. it use to be when you had a full party and started the lobby you would get host. Or if you had a good host he would stay the host game after game until that person left. Now it seems like they ALWAYS give the host to a new person every game and usually the one with the worst connection.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

Yeah I've seen migrate host like 4 times in ONE game, and im like why? that person lags out? or quits? They don't dashboard, I've avoided the Dashboarders for the most part but still, find someone with a good connection, Im hoping the "Dedicated Servers" in Ghosts make it easy.

Level 8

in reply to codchamp1

codchamp wrote:

This is one thing i cannot understand about this game. it use to be when you had a full party and started the lobby you would get host. Or if you had a good host he would stay the host game after game until that person left. Now it seems like they ALWAYS give the host to a new person every game and usually the one with the worst connection.

seems that way, but i've gone 6-7 games in a row pulling host.

Level 18

Studios