Suicides in core TDM? Theories

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Suicides in core TDM? Theories

So during last nights pub stomp a guy and his buddy became so irritated on the other team they started c4ing themselves over and over again on Aftermath. We were kind of laughing but I still sit here wondering why in the world why someone would do that. Im not suggesting it matters because of stats, I just dont see how it was funny and it doesnt effect the score outside of the idea that it was like the team being down a couple guys. The one guy finished 1-87, the other 1-47. I never did find where they were doing it as I snipe on the map and dont go running around, but I'm curious as what the mentality behind doing something like this would be, as they did not dashboard. Theories?

Level 34
17 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Suicides in core TDM? Theories

in reply to CowboySr

To prove that they don't care.

Level 16

in reply to CowboySr

TDM's SBMM is based of SPM. They have the wrong assumption that it's KDR. What they did was pointless. If they want to get matched with lesser competition then they should lower their SPM if they're primarily TDM players. 

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Sup super, Ive never seen anything anywhere that stated it was based on SPM. Is this just a theory?

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

It's not a theory but based on my TDM matchmaking experience. I play solo most of the time and I'm getting matched with players who have SPMs near or above my level but the KDR varies. The KDR can be higher or lower but the only constant thing on my playlist is the SPM. Almost half the people on my lobbies have similar SPM. That's what I noticed on my side of matchmaking. Three out of four of my public lobbies have this SBMM scenario where the SPM of a lot of players are almost identical.

Try this with your squad... make the person with the lowest SPM the party leader and you'll guys will be matched with people near the party leader's SPM. Try it with the one with the highest SPM and the competition will be tougher.

Oh, and I can't hear you guys the other day. I know you guys are calling plays but I can't hear you. I'm a noob when it comes to parties. Sorry. I've been playing solo since I got my XBOX years ago.

Level 35

I really don't think that there is a SBM system built into the public playlists.  If there is one than it does a very poor job.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

I'm not sure how the SBMM works outside of Core TDM. There might be other criterias on other game modes.

Level 35

Its funny because they could achieve the same thing by simply finding a quiet area and just hiding there all match. Let them ruin their precious KDRs

Level 31

I know its been stated that MM is based on Location/ping first, and skill second, but theyve never said what they use as a skill determination. I've paid a lot of attention to the rooms and stats of the people I get put into rooms with, and we have tried having others host with different SPM and K/Ds and there really seems to be no pattern whatsoever in my opinion. 

What I think is that Location/ping and skill are weighted differently where as Location ping would be like 95% of the MM decision and 5% on wither SPM or K/D to the point where you wouldnt even notice.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

I heavily notice skillbased MM.

It used to be I noticed SPM...now I notice nothing but K/D MM.

I would say pre-revolution, it appeared it was 65% based on ping 35% based on SPM with 0 focus on k/d(maybe 5% on k/d if anything).

-------------

Post-revolution it seems like its 40% based on ping 10% based on SPM and 50% based on K/D. That has been my experience thus far. As a result, games are annoying, laggier as hell, and I can't get a normal non-supercamper game to save the life of me.

----------

Now I'm not saying these are the actual MM programmed values...But this has been my personal evaluation of the crap I have received. I didn't mind the old MM system pre-revolution. I just didn't like the revenge spawns and certain lag issues. Those issues are now worse.

Level 6

Studios