TBI Survivor playing Multiplayer - Something to think about

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

TBI Survivor playing Multiplayer - Something to think about

Hello!

I must preface this with.. this is not a pity party on my part at all. Thought I would share some info with all of you. I am a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) Survivor. I was An Elite Amateur Cyclist) and I did 3 endos and landed on my head (thankfully I had a helmet on). Video games help me in my rehab with hand eye coordination and memory. I am level 55 and I suck. I play free for all. I play that one specifically cause I am by myself. Some maps I cannot see the whole thing as my peripheral vision is damaged. I get called all kinds of names and have been told to leave.. etc etc.  Ok.. yeah I suck.. and people have not a clue.. so now am explaining things. I know I am not the only one out here with the same situation as me. People send invites to me to play 6 man.. etc etc.. I never accept cause I know though I might be at level 55 but I suck. Clans? Forget it! Anyway.. just wanted to give you some info. There are those of us who suck at high levels but we continue on and play. Cause the game is important to us as part of our rehab and it is fun! No matter what we are called. Thank you for the time.

Level 3
10 REPLIES

Re: TBI Survivor playing Multiplayer - Something to think about

in reply to TBISurvivor

The world will never cease to amaze me. If you don't want to play with me, then don't tell me you do and friend me and then 15 secs later delete me and come here and delete your replies!

Level 3

in reply to TBISurvivor

Brother, I feel for you.  When people get on you, just realize that they must not have much respect for themselves to act in that manner. Just ignore and know that you are a much better human being. Just try to have fun.

Bullies exist in all situations. Hiding behind a mike and spouting trash is such cowardice.

Be well

Level 2

in reply to pat9162000

Completely agree with you, sir.. 99.99% of the people on this game who act/speak like that, would never have the guts to say it to your face in the real world.. People hide behind their mics and think they're something special.. Just ignore what people say, and smile.. Kill them with kindness.. The best advice I can give to those who have decency, and deal with the people like that, is this.. Never argue with an idiot.. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.. Best of luck to you, sir..

Level 9

in reply to iH8boosters

thanks you for the advice..

Level 3

in reply to pat9162000

thank you for the kind words... i get frustrated at times but I do my best..

Level 3

in reply to TBISurvivor

Hi there.. I am not a sir..... am female

Level 3

in reply to TBISurvivor

Uhho I'm sorry!! I shouldn't have assumed.. Honest mistake.. One more piece of advice for you.. Try playing combat training.. It won't count against your record or anything like that, but it doesn't sound like you're too concerned with your stats.. Which is a good thing, in my opinion.. It's a game and is made to be fun.. I'm the same way.. But, if you've never played Combat Training before, It's 3 real players and 3 bots vs. 3 real players and 3 bots.. It's a mix of game modes.. I think all of them, but I honestly don't know.. The game mode is intended for players who aren't the best or are just learning the game.. Now, of course there are some real jerks that go into that mode who don't belong, and will get 100+ kills and call in all of the high streaks just to be an ass, excuse the expression.. Just back out if that happens and get into another match.. My wife and I were keeping our nephew for a week and he wanted to play it.. He's a 14 year old kid who loves to be outside, so he's never really played a game before.. Much like me since this is the 1st one I've ever played.. But he played and was getting the messages from teammates bc he wasn't really good.. Actually he was bad lol.. Reallllllly bad.. But he was having fun.. So I backed him out of a lobby after the game ended and put him into combat training.. He loved it.. He was learning how to really play and get better.. Now he ran into some real jerks who were doing what I described above, but eventually he was back in a good match.. Sorry for the long winded response.. Just thought it may could help.. And, again, my apologies for the "sir" comment lol

Level 9

in reply to iH8boosters

Not a problem at all for calling me sir. You did not know and I am not offended. I was wondering about combat training cause I have played it several times. The ones I got hooked up with were very good. I will try again though thank you! Stats? Nope really don't care about them. I'm just for playing the game. I really do thank you for taking the time to help me and the detail you have given. I will just play on and having my own fun with the game!

Level 3

in reply to TBISurvivor

Are you on xbox or ps3? I am not that great either lol but I try to play to have fun. If you are on 360 shoot me a friend request. I usually play team games (people don't seem to care as much that i suck lol) or at least they are too busy quick scoping to notice haha. Another good piece of advice (and my personal favorite) I always mute everyone except my party. That way they can trash talk all they want and it won't bother me because I don't even hear it, haha. I play to have fun not to cheat and dominate like the people that get super mad at you. Its a game, not real life haha. Anyway, don't take it to heart... mute is your best friend and anyone on your friends list shouldn't yell at you anyway. If they do, they aren't worth your time... just delete them lol.

Anyway my gamer tag is Clan OConnor. Sometimes my son plays on my account but he isn't rude either. Have fun and enjoy!

Level 1

Studios