The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.

in reply to WardogxFoxtrot

WardogxFoxtrot wrote:

So not sure where you're coming from.

If this line was in reference to me giving my input on DOM games, then yes there will always be exceptions to the rule.

I was simply stating that in my opinion I have never seen so many people go after objectives.

Level 15

in reply to RuggedSavior

personaly i love the way this works stops people camping and palying objective modes just to rank up 100+ kills with out playing the objective correctly do you know how much a breath of fresh air it is to jump into some KC after being repeatedly haveing a good score streak ruined by some fool sat in a corner the amount of times ive bein 1 away from that 15-0 calling card thing ive bein took out by some camping idiot it drives me nuts

Level 6

in reply to RuggedSavior

I like the scorestreak system.  However, I think instead of resetting upon death you should just lose points towards the scorestreak. 

For example, playing TDM, I have 400 pts, I die I lose 100 pts. 

Level 4

in reply to RuggedSavior

Scorestreak system, in my opinion, is better in this game than in previous games.

The frustration you are having is due more to issues with how KC works. They didn't learn from the mistakes of MW3.

The game is called Kill Confirmed.. so why, if you shoot someone without that person's tag being picked up... do you get credit for a kill?

Seems to me it should it should work this way-

Shoot someone get 75 points, but it doesn't count as a kill unless that tag is picked up by yourself or a teammate.

Another issue in KC right now is that the person who picks up the tag is getting more points than the person who shot the enemy, causing a lot of discord amongst teammates for "Stealing Tags". This seems stupid to me. Why have teammates fighting over tags?

The way I see it, a Confirmed Kill should be 150 points. You get 75 points for shooting the enemy, and 75 points when that tag is collected, plus the kill is counted to your tally. If a teammate picks up that tag, they get 75 points for picking up the tag and you still get your 75 points for the kill.

This would stop kill whoring in KC because simply sitting back and shooting the enemy would no longer boost your K/D. Since you only get the Kill if it is Confirmed, you HAVE to play the objective, and teammates would work together rather than against eachother.

The Streak system is fine, the scoring in Objective Games is the issue. I don't mind the streaks ending on a death, keeps the game from being dominated by constant streaks.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

A nice suggestion but honestly if it was like that people just wouldn't play the game mode anymore.  Part of the appeal is the frantic pace of KC and with that rule set the tags would become camp spots and no one would go and fetch tags.  And lets be honest, with this community if its harder to inflate KD people wouldn't play.

Level 4

in reply to RuggedSavior

I fully feel as if it should be reset upon death. Otherwise it would make dying a non-issue for most. Which is a big enough problem as is.

Level 1

in reply to RuggedSavior

A VSAT requires 19 kills without any tags in KC, a uav is seven kills no confirms. While he did not collect anything, the guy going 64-2 brought 64 tags to the battlefield for your teammates to collect, and by only dying twice he didn't feed the enemy. You may be playing the objective, but you forget that you are the objective, and dying 18 times and handing over tags to the enemy isn't helping your team. It's extremely easy to gain score streaks in KC by relying on confirms, stop blaming the system for your error.

Level 2

in reply to Skello1O

He did not bring 64 tags for the team. He killed 64 people and made 64 tags available but how many of those were actually picked up?

And the system isn't broken it's done right. I've played enough and yet I forgot the exact points for everything so excuse me for being wrong.

Kill Confirmed I get 50 Points for a Kill and 100 for a Confirm. This is a total of 150 if my teammate doesn't take it from me like a douche when I'm right by it. That's fine by me and Scorestreaks SHOULD reward you for going for the objective. Not camping out in a objective based mode and playing it like Team Deathmatch.

Domination gives you something like 50 Points for the home base capture, 100 for a neutral (B), and like what 200 for taking an enemy base? Plus 125 for every Objective defend which can be huge if you get a multi-kill and 200 points for a kill while capturing an objective.

Yes, this is unfair. /sarcasm

Level 6

in reply to KrylonBlue

Teammate 1: "We need to capture this flag.  Help me out!"

Teammate 2: "I'm working on my scorestreak"

Teammate 3: "I almost have a UAV"

Teammate 4: "I need a few more points for my Stealth Chopper."

Teammate 1: "But you get extra points if you pursue these objectives!"

Teammates 2,3,4: "But we lose them if we die.  No thank you."

I've had way too many teammates with this mindset.  I almost always end up being the only person to actually die a few times in order to play the objective.  Why should I get dirty, while the rest remain clean? 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

I can honestly say I don't want any more of those Support Streaks. Part of the fun in this game is going for the points and streaks. Go ahead and camp and you're likely to die right before the streak by one of the random streaks someone put up. I don't care but this isn't ever changing. Most of you are forgetting that this isn't about camping for streaks. This is about the K/D ratio more than anything and it will happen whether or not you change it.

Level 6

Studios