The next generation map design...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

The next generation map design...

Hi guys. With the most talked about event on the horizon I just wanted to know what you guys and girls really wanted from your next generation maps? Small tight exciting maps, big open battlefield style maps (say you dont!) or just middle size. For me, all my chips are on the cod 4 style...medium size, but open, unobstructed and simple to navigate, with several buildings that give high advantages! But one things for sure...lets have a couple of classic small maps like rust or shipment!!!

Level 16
27 REPLIES

Re: The next generation map design...

in reply to RUSTY GUN

I prefer bigger maps my faves being overgrown and afghan,for me mw2 was the high point of maps but overall a good mixture 1 chaotic shipment-esque map and an even spread of small medium and large, none as big as bf maps though as it seemed like a running/driving sim with the odd shoot-out to me (each to their own though)

Level 6

in reply to Ellixander

I agree Ellix, too much like a sim with bf. cod shouldnt go that way. What makes it cod is the fast paced excitement and multiple targets per map. However, by fast I dont mean player speed, just big map views of several targets at once, constantly spotting people. I do think the actual player speed on black ops 2 is too fast. Good fun if theres not a lobby full of rushing kids with daggers.

Level 16

in reply to RUSTY GUN

I'd like to see a map that changes during the game, one where routes, choke points and access changes to keep players on their toes.  So for example, one minute you might have an open door to a building that you can get inside but later it's locked and another building is open instead.  A moving, changing more interactive map.

With all the maps we have now the action always happens in the same place game after game, by moving things around mid game you might also change where the flash points are.  They could have done something like this on Cargo by having cranes pick up containers and move them around, or was that far too complicated for Treyarch?

Very little happens in the maps we have now, very little moves, virtually nothing is interactive and it's made them become boring very quickly because they are exactly the same as the last time you played it.

Level 20

Ya more interactive maps for sure! Maps should alternate between night and day too. I like how you can die in hydro and downhill by the water and ski lifts, I would like to see more things like this but on a bigger scale. Black ops 1 had a few things like in Discovery you could blow up the snowy walkways and Berlin where that gun killed you if you ran in the middle. I also liked how you could open and close those doors in that one map but it's too early to remember the name.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

I would love to see variations in a maps time of day adn weather patterns. That would keep the game very fresh.

Level 2

in reply to anahum1

Destiny is gonna have dynamic weather!

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

I am so waiting on desity for it may be the one that gets me to trade in all of my CoDs to get it and have all but the first two of them. At that point I would just be done with the repetitive nature that has become CoD.

Level 70

Granted it's very limited, but cranes DO pick up the boxes in the middle section of Cargo...

Level 8

in reply to RUSTY GUN

I'd like to see them do things with the maps that make them more dynamic. Charlie Intel had a thing during MW3 that showed a gameplay but it was mirrored so everything was backwards and I thought it was really cool. Another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is things like placing bomb sites and flags in different locations. It would add some more variety to each map and make each game feel fresh.

Level 21

Studios