To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

in reply to asianman12

Agreed......but my point was that Modern warfare ran like a dream!!!  if you had bad internet or a horrible connection, you were penalized, not the other 11 players.....in there attempt to make things "fair", they are destroying the multiplayer experience.....its just like quick/no scoping.....on what sort of battlefield would you run around with your ass on fire and be able to snap shoot somebody????  but yet you destry the effectiveness of the Ghost perk.....a sequal is great,,,,, but destroying the content of the game to release a substandard multiplayer FPS is stupid...

Level 5

Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

in reply to trialstardragon

I am going to admit, even if I don't play HC FFA (For that matter, I don't play Core FFA) , I am starting to feel bad about our teammates that really want it.

Call Of Duty is the biggest game in the market right now. The day one title hits the market, it becomes the next best selling game in history. Treyarch and Activision get Billions of dollars with this series, so IMO, there is no excuse to them to take out a Gamemode. If they need more servers, they can simply buy/create more.

I will agree with you however, the community is overreacting to this.

Just because they took of your favorite gamemode it doesn't mean that treyarch hates you, or that they hate the community. You don't need to threat them, or say "I WON'T BUY ANYM00RE OF YUR GUIEMIS AGUEIN, TENKS 2 YU TREYARCH, U KILLED HCFFA!!"

Treyarch is trying (atleast i THINK they are trying) to make the comunity happy, so if you ask them nicely, MAYBE, just maybe, they'll put Hardcore Free For All back. (Even tough IMO they shouldn't have took it down in the first place, I am only happy if the rest of the community is happy) [there is some engrish in this post, I know, I just woke up.]

Level 3

in reply to FamilyTeam

I agree.  I would love for there to be enough space to put HC FFA back.  But they already stated that they only have enough room for 4 game types in HC.  So they are testing the waters with different game types.   They saw that more people are playing HC KC more than FFA so to them it was a better choice.  They made 10,000 people happy over a 1,000.  To me that makes me happy they made so many people happy. 

Now about COD being the biggest game on the market.  Sure. It's the most sold game.  But that doesn't make it any better than Halo 4 which won best multiplayer and only gets played on one console versus a multiplatform game like COD.  

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

asianman12 wrote:

Now about COD being the biggest game on the market.  Sure. It's the most sold game.  But that doesn't make it any better than Halo 4 which won best multiplayer and only gets played on one console versus a multiplatform game like COD.  

Most games that come out now are better then COD in overall experience. I'm going back through the whole Mass Effect series right now. What most people who come here to complain don't realize is that there are other games then COD. So what if you don't like BO2. Don't play it and go play something else instead of continuing playing and complaining.

Level 43

in reply to Rednecksniper39

That's what I do.  I have Halo 4, Borderlands 2, DMC 4, and very many other games that I can play if I am just not enjoying this one.  But I just haven't had that happen as of late so I'm enjoying this game. 

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

Well, mate, I am going to say I like your style of replying to people. You are the living proof that not all of us COD players are brainless.

But when i said that COD is the biggest game in the market right now, I said so in terms of sales, that no one can deny. I honestly think that there are games that are 2 or 3 times as fun as COD. (See: Touhou, Plants Vs Zombies, GTAIV, Sonic and others)

And, to the space issue, again, these guys are probably as rich as Bill Gates now, they can buy more servers if they want and/or fell like it, but I doubt it, I kinda see why they won't put it back. They'll spend money getting more servers only to 1,000 to 4,000 people to go, that is what the HCFFA players need to realize. Sure, it sucks, even I'll admit that one of my best games was back at the MW2 PC, were in HC FFA I made 57-30 (The server was entirely custom, i don't even know if there is HCFFA in stock MW2), but in the end of the day, Treyarch knows what they are doing.

Level 3

in reply to FamilyTeam

Finally someone with some common sense in their reply. I thank you for it too. You expressed your view with out the need to get hateful or negative about it. You stated your side with out the need for any non constructive negativity.

You chose to agree on some points but disagree on the action taken. But did so with out having to name call, or make threats or demands. This is what the other fail to do or see should be done.

The problem is when the game was designed only a set number of slots was made for hc. they can not just simply change that number. 3ARC has always been about moshing or removing lists to add in new to make sure the player base does not get fragmented too much. Which is a logical progression on how to do it.

But this method has and always will make some players unhappy, and 3ARC is well aware of this; but unfortunaltely not much else can be done about it.

Aagain I thank you for not having to use any cuss or curse or swearing or name calling. though at times I do find myself using it to my own chagrin sometimes. But not as much or until so many here have just been so rude and then think they are entiled to have the game be what they want no matter what the devs think or say and when not given what they want become rund and hateful but yet still think the devs have to listen to them. When simply that is not true.

Level 70

I am seriously beginning to regret ever making this post. For even though it was meant to be helpful it has degraded down to a level that I do not really consider any more helpful than the other 1000's of posts seen here each day that do nothing more then complain about something not going as they wanted..

Eh such is life. Maybe Foxy, can clear it up if possible, if not just delete it. Nothing said seems to have made much difference at all.

Level 70

Now if only someone from 3arc could take some time out to address these matters instead of making the community fight among themselves. 2 posts from vahn buried in the hardcore thread isn't a lot to go on. Seriously people if you've been on these forums long enough you'll notice that replying in this thread will more than likely give you a headache. This thread has every right to be locked just like all the other hc threads that were too. The hardcore thread is where these discussions should take place and where all other hardcore topics should get directed too. The op knows this.

Level 16

in reply to Ss78_

Actually I hope Foxy does come take a look and edit it as he see's fit and then lock it so it does not degrade any further than what it has.

My post was not meant to start another argument but to present some simple tidbits of information that may have helped some people understand a few things.

That if they want hcffa back, they need to be careful in how they go about asking for it and I stress the word ASK. For none of us here can make demands or command the developers to do anything in the game. And any threat will just get ignored as it should be.

Level 70

Studios