To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

in reply to trialstardragon

I get that the devs can't please everyone.  I get that I agree to play the game the way they designed it.  I get that the HC playerbase is smaller and therefore doesn't get the same allotted resources.  I understand all the reasons they removed it.

What I don't understand is why they took a step back in regards to HC support.  Why do we have less than, not core, but previous games.  MW3 had TDM, FFA, HQ, Dom and KC.  I know 3Arc isn't IW but they never had a problem sharing ideas/resources before.  I mean KC was an IW idea afterall. Why the step back?

If you can get me to understand that I might buy it then, until then it's BS.

Level 4

Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

in reply to SP_6711

That even I can not answer except to say one word. League.

In BO1 the competitive list was added late in to the game, it did not really replace but one list. Now in this game League has its own game mode, and several lists made for it. Seems as if more attention was put in to league then in to hc this time around.

But League will not be going anywhere since it is Vahns brainchild from his experience with the mlg players and their tournaments.

Level 70

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR] Your right about not always being able to please everybody all the time.  You have no idea why ppl are upset though.  The HC player base has every right to be upset by this.

Hc community roughly make up 1/3 of the CoD population. Like it or not that is a lot of ppl.  In previous CoD games our playlist has been nearly dbl what it is now.  BO1 had 7 HC game modes if i remember right.  We have almost half now.  Core currently has 18 core game modes (3 league, 12 core, 2 combat training and 1 bonus).  HC has only 4.  Im of coarse not counting the party game modes but one could argue that i should include both gun game and sharp shooter in that. Which if so would make it 20 core type game modes.

On top of that.  HC has yet to play nuketown in reg map rotation or have a nuketown playlist.  A feature that many ppl wanted boh core and hc. The reason of it fragmenting the player base is utter bs.  you didn't even need to preorder the game to geet the bonus map.  You can go to gamestop or walmart right now and buy the game and get the map.  Somebody post just 2 -3 days ago that they rebought the map would like to trade the map code of something else since they had the game before and used the previous game's code and don't need the new one.  This is a full mo after the game has come out. So thier reasoning is utter BS.

Keep in mind we paid the same amount as everybody else.  This game made 1billion on launch day.  With HC community making up roughly 1/3 of the players.  About 333 million dollars came from us.  I wouldn't call that chump chance.  If we stop buying CoD since they keep treating us worse and worse. I bet they will miss our money and will hurt their bottom line.

Level 9

in reply to undzis

Actually I am not full of crap and yes I do play hc in this game and in every game that ever had it. You no nothing about what type of player I am. I do have an idea why people are upset. They are upset that the playlist they wanted to play was removed. They feel they were cheated to lied too or stolen from and that is not the case nor ever was.

1/3 is not a lot of people, not when compared to the core players. HC is a minority group in this game and always has been and always will. The general populance plays core because to them it is easier becuase of the radar and hud.

As I stated in previous games there was not the League system. The developers made a choice to focus more on that than toward hc. And it is their choice to do so.

HC will not get noobtwoon in regular roation, for not even core has it in regular rotation and never will. It is only for those that pre-ordered the game and bought the season pass. So that complaint is moot. Noobtown will not be in regular rotation during the life of this game. Just becuase some of the stores have some of the copies left that had the code does not mean every copy in the stores does.

You can try and claim that the reason of fragementation is utter BS but you do not know if it is or not. You have no idea, you do not have the numbers that they do to see this. So that reason you tried to use is utter bs.

They will miss the money a little but not nearly as much as you think. For they could then remove hc, and focus soley on core and league play and other things. And yes players would still play the game, and yes they would still make a lot of money. So using the threat of lost sales is again utter bs using your own words.

Level 70

in reply to undzis

undzis wrote:

Hc community roughly make up 1/3 of the CoD population.

So then WHY is the population of hardcore only less than 2 percent of the population every time I am online ? does only that 1/3 of the population only play between 9 and 5 ?

1/3. Really ?

Besides your numbers dont matter. What matters is what the devs think. Its been said that Hardcore players are 1 percent of the total population. Evn if that number were false in anyones eyes the fact that they said Hardcore is 1 percent now makes it a fact. It shows that they do not care.

Level 72

To anyone who argues the HC community is too small its because HC gamemodes are dropping like flies,Im not gonna scream about treyarchs decisions because as he stated it's thier game but HC is getting smaller because for gamemodes like FFA,Demolition,DOM,etc. people are forced to go to core.

Level 3

in reply to matt94

Yeah on Black Ops 1 all I played was HC HQ, Demo, and Dom. Not a single one of them made it to Blops 2. I am now forced to play core where all everyone does is watch the mini-map for your dot to show up on a UAV or because you don't use a silencer and chase you down. HC is a totally different playstyle then core.

Level 2

in reply to Skoolyz0301

I have always been a HC CTF player i think that HC takes no more skill than core,Its a videogame no skill required,but HC takes more awareness because you die in 1 bullet

Level 3

in reply to matt94

HC HQ

HC Dom
HC Hardpoint

Still waiting for these game modes Treyarch.....

Level 5

in reply to TightNinja1

And will be waiting for a long time for they will not ever just add all three at one time.

Level 70

Studios